EXE crashing where no crash occurs in project mode
Author Message
 EXE crashing where no crash occurs in project mode

I recently posted a message stating that I have an exe that crashes with
exception code C0000005 while it works fine in design mode. I got replies
basically sying I should install Service Pack 3. This helped somewhat but
sometimes it still crashes. Can there be another reason other than Service
Pack 3 ?
Thanks

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 EXE crashing where no crash occurs in project mode
Did you then recreate the setup disk set and re-install the application on
the "runtime" system? To fix the C0...05 errors, a number of system .DLL's
needed to be updated. (It wasn't just a VFP problem.)

Rick

Quote:
> I recently posted a message stating that I have an exe that crashes with
> exception code C0000005 while it works fine in design mode. I got replies
> basically sying I should install Service Pack 3. This helped somewhat but
> sometimes it still crashes. Can there be another reason other than Service
> Pack 3 ?
> Thanks

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 EXE crashing where no crash occurs in project mode
Assuming Rick's suggestion doesn't work...

I recently (last week) had a similar problem adding a custom class object to
form.  .addObject() worked, but just dragging it onto the form at design time
would always cause a C5 under runtime, but only after is was run once in the
development environment.  It started after I added a class property and set it
to =[] (to initalise it as an empty string).  I've done this in other classes
without a problem, spent far too much time trying to find out what the problem
was, and gave in, reset it to the default value, and just set it in the init
event.

This is just to show that such annoying C5 still "legitimately" exist (unless my
environment has recently been shafted).

If it's crashing consistently in the same places, say on the same form, backup
the form and gradually strip it until it works, find the action that causes the
C5 and try to invent another way of doing the same thing.

Any other ideas?

Alan Porter,
Software Developer.

Quote:

> Did you then recreate the setup disk set and re-install the application on
> the "runtime" system? To fix the C0...05 errors, a number of system .DLL's
> needed to be updated. (It wasn't just a VFP problem.)

> Rick

> > I recently posted a message stating that I have an exe that crashes with
> > exception code C0000005 while it works fine in design mode. I got replies
> > basically sying I should install Service Pack 3. This helped somewhat but
> > sometimes it still crashes. Can there be another reason other than Service
> > Pack 3 ?
> > Thanks

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. EXE causes a crash but running in design mode works fine

2. vfp-crash with big tables form project-manager

3. Chr(13) trashes project & crashes VFP5

4. Build from project crashes

5. Crash in MODI PROJECT

6. FoxPro2.5 FOXR.EXE crashes while printing

7. FoxPro 2.6a exe (for Windows) crashes the PC sporadically

8. VFP7 exe crash or thrown out to windows

9. FPW26: setup.exe of DistriKit crashes on win98

10. FPW 2.6a DK .exe crashes

11. GDI.EXE Crashes??

12. .exe crashes when left alone for a long time