sqlsetprop settings
Author Message
 sqlsetprop settings

I have a sqlexec statement which calls a stored procedure on sqlserver.  But
sometimes it does not call the procedure. Nothing happens, it just goes
about it's way.  Is this something in my sqlsetprop settings possibly?  What
are the best settings to accomplish this?  Why would the server ignore an
sqlexec.  The same procedure runs perfectly when called by the query screen
in sqlserver.  It IS showing my connection (as shown by a return
messagebox).  I am pass in a parameter to the procedure.  Could this be
complicating?  I've run out of good ideas.

mj

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 sqlsetprop settings
A little more info.  From watching the de{*filter*}, my sqlexec is getting a
connection level error (-1), although my connection handle is still showing
valid.

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 sqlsetprop settings

Quote:

> A little more info.  From watching the de{*filter*}, my sqlexec is getting a
> connection level error (-1), although my connection handle is still showing
> valid.

Use AERROR() function and study the server error message. If it says
syntax error or smth, try to surround the whole call with braces:

result = sqlexec(handle, '{call SomeProcedure( ?foxvariable )}')

Note also that ODBC insists on using "call" keyword whereas direct
server interface might use "execute" keyword.

hth
Paavo.

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQLSETPROP() & Poor Help Files

2. SQLSetProp ?

3. SQLSetProp not working for manual transactions?

4. Problem with SQLSetProp(n,"TRANSACTIONS",2)

5. Setting user defined page size printer settings

6. Setting FILES setting under NT 4.0

7. Setting a picture on the _SCREEN

8. Toggle between setting Read Only and Read Write

9. Changing the Langugue Bar setting

10. Date settings

11. Print settings

12. path settings