.EXE build successful with 2 Errors listed - How ???
Author Message
 .EXE build successful with 2 Errors listed - How ???

Compiling e:\dd5\form\dd_wkpkgcd.scx
#DEFINE DWGS "\\WWW\FDATA\DATA\"
Error in line 112 of DD_wkpkgcd.m_createcd (record 3): Constant is
already created with #DEFINE.
#DEFINE TASKS "\\WWW\FDATA\DATA\TASKS\"
Error in line 113 of DD_wkpkgcd.m_createcd (record 3): Constant is
already created with #DEFINE.

The .EXE was created successfully (and actually ran) with these 2
Errors generated with VFP 6 Build to .EXE.

I'm new to VFP, and am confused as to what precludes a successful
creation of .EXE during Build when Errors are still showing in code.

Thanks,

F.Z.
Boston, MA

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 00:28:47 GMT
 .EXE build successful with 2 Errors listed - How ???
Fred,

Fox will allow a successful build as long as the error is not "fatal" (ie.
big).

In the specific case here, these two constants are already defined
previously in the code (probably to the same things, but you might want to
check that), so the Fox compiler is merely warning you that it's ignoring
these new #DEFINEs.

HTH and welcome to the world of Fox.  It's a great development environment,
but can be a little daunting if you're thrown in the deep end (as it sounds
you are!). The people too are great and in general are only too happy to
look big and clever, erm I mean "help out in the newsgroups" ;-)

JC

Quote:
> Compiling e:\dd5\form\dd_wkpkgcd.scx
> #DEFINE DWGS "\\WWW\FDATA\DATA\"
> Error in line 112 of DD_wkpkgcd.m_createcd (record 3): Constant is
> already created with #DEFINE.
> #DEFINE TASKS "\\WWW\FDATA\DATA\TASKS\"
> Error in line 113 of DD_wkpkgcd.m_createcd (record 3): Constant is
> already created with #DEFINE.

> The .EXE was created successfully (and actually ran) with these 2
> Errors generated with VFP 6 Build to .EXE.

> I'm new to VFP, and am confused as to what precludes a successful
> creation of .EXE during Build when Errors are still showing in code.

> Thanks,

> F.Z.
> Boston, MA

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:11:15 GMT
 .EXE build successful with 2 Errors listed - How ???
Hi,

The problem is those two defines are encountered twice while compile.

Check if they are defined twoce either in two separate files, or in the same
file, in different places.

Do you have a global include file? Or a file included in this screen?
Check this when you open the form in design mode, in Forms menu -> Include

If you have an include file, check it (with EDIT -> Find) for DWGS.
Also, you can check the SCX file itself - Open it in design mode, open any
method (even an empty one), Start search (Ctrl+F), and be sure you check All
objects.

Hope this helps

Regards,
Bogdan

Quote:
> Compiling e:\dd5\form\dd_wkpkgcd.scx
> #DEFINE DWGS "\\WWW\FDATA\DATA\"
> Error in line 112 of DD_wkpkgcd.m_createcd (record 3): Constant is
> already created with #DEFINE.
> #DEFINE TASKS "\\WWW\FDATA\DATA\TASKS\"
> Error in line 113 of DD_wkpkgcd.m_createcd (record 3): Constant is
> already created with #DEFINE.

> The .EXE was created successfully (and actually ran) with these 2
> Errors generated with VFP 6 Build to .EXE.

> I'm new to VFP, and am confused as to what precludes a successful
> creation of .EXE during Build when Errors are still showing in code.

> Thanks,

> F.Z.
> Boston, MA

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:08:44 GMT

1. Error starting Built 2.6 EXE file

2. Build EXE error with Recompile option

3. How to clear BUILD EXE undefined error?

4. Building Pop-up List by Name

5. Building a list dynamically?

6. Building a list dynamically?

7. Sometimes I see build option Build Exe/Com, sometimes only exe, why?

8. ForSale: Successful FP Application, Code, & Client Base

9. Successful FAX implementations

10. did the print report successful?

11. Building EXE

12. Problem building .exe using VFP3.0 under NT4.0