Referencing properties on non-active form
Author Message
 Referencing properties on non-active form

What's the best way to reference objects on a form other than the one that
is active. I have a form called PropertyScreen with a property called
llEditMode. When I try to reference PropertyScreen.llEditMode, I get an
error about "ALIAS PropertyScreen NOT FOUND."

Insights are greatly appreciated.

-Michael

Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Referencing properties on non-active form
Michael:

** Modal Forms
DO FORM PropertyScreen NAME PropertyScreen LINKED

** Modeless Forms
PUBLIC
DO FORM PropertyScreen NAME PropertyScreen LINKED

You will now be able to reference your form properties from another form.

HTH,

--Paul

Quote:
> What's the best way to reference objects on a form other than the one that
> is active. I have a form called PropertyScreen with a property called
> llEditMode. When I try to reference PropertyScreen.llEditMode, I get an
> error about "ALIAS PropertyScreen NOT FOUND."

> Insights are greatly appreciated.

> -Michael

Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Referencing properties on non-active form
Michael,

If you want a supreme insight, do this.
1- Turn the de{*filter*} on in the first line of your code.
2- In the "WATCH" window, placed the following object:
   _VFP.
3- When you click on the plus button to the left of the _VFP object, you
will have access to every object as it is created. These objects will be
nested in a way that describes their relative addresses.

--
Brett Slattery

Quote:

>What's the best way to reference objects on a form other than the one that
>is active. I have a form called PropertyScreen with a property called
>llEditMode. When I try to reference PropertyScreen.llEditMode, I get an
>error about "ALIAS PropertyScreen NOT FOUND."

>Insights are greatly appreciated.

>-Michael

Thu, 11 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. referencing properties in a non-active form

2. Can't reference on forms properties from another form

3. Addressing non-active form from .prg file

4. Form array properties: passing by reference

5. Cant Reference other Forms Properties

6. reference form property in a function

7. problem using EVAL() with form property referencing

8. Referencing form properties

9. Referencing properties from another form

10. Form hierarchy non-Modal, but non-Modeless ? :-(

11. Q: Form hierarchy non-Modal, but non-Modeless ? :-(

12. Non-Default Properties Only in VFP7 ???