"string memory variable area overflow" error
Author Message
 "string memory variable area overflow" error

Help

Running FoxBase+ on a Mac and getting the following error

"string memory variable area overflow"

Don't know what to do.  Need a genius.

Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:40:45 GMT
 "string memory variable area overflow" error

[ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]

Quote:
>Help

>Running FoxBase+ on a Mac and getting the following error

>"string memory variable area overflow"

>Don't know what to do.  Need a genius.

No need for genius.  ;-)
I believe I've heard about this error occurring when FoxBase+ is being run on
the newer versions of the MacOS.  A couple of relevant articles showed on Google
search (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search):

Quote:

--
[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:25:32 GMT

1. error "overflow or divide by zero"

2. "Beyond String" SQL error msg

3. "End of string" error message

4. Variable "xxx" not found error

5. "Insufficient memory" error

6. "Insufficient Memory" error

7. "Insufficient Memory" Error Message

8. "Stretch with overflow" report question

9. String too long in PICTURE "@M"

10. Error message "Virtual Function Error"

11. Error 1958 : "Error loading printer driver"

12. Error loading: "<error>". (1881)