Printer drivers for FPD2.6?
Author Message
 Printer drivers for FPD2.6?

Does anyone have an updated printer driver file for FPD 2.6?

I haven't seen a new one for years.

Gary

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer drivers for FPD2.6?

Gary,
If you installed the complete FPD 2.6, then go to \GOODIES\PDRIVERS. You
just need to update the P_CODES.DBF and rebuild the GENPD.APP. You'll
obviously also need all the printer dependent information, which the
specific printer documentation (or manufacturer) should be able to supply.

Rick

Quote:
> Does anyone have an updated printer driver file for FPD 2.6?

> I haven't seen a new one for years.

> Gary

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer drivers for FPD2.6?
Thanks, Rick.

However, I was hoping Microsoft (or someone else) may have already done the
dirty work for me.

Gary

Quote:

> Gary,
> If you installed the complete FPD 2.6, then go to \GOODIES\PDRIVERS. You
> just need to update the P_CODES.DBF and rebuild the GENPD.APP. You'll
> obviously also need all the printer dependent information, which the
> specific printer documentation (or manufacturer) should be able to supply.

> Rick

> > Does anyone have an updated printer driver file for FPD 2.6?

> > I haven't seen a new one for years.

> > Gary

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer drivers for FPD2.6?

Hi. You have to deal with PRINTERS.DBF and such things, add a row for the
new printer you want and fill the escape sequencies in the proper fields
(condensed on, condensed off, etc. etc.). Of course, this is not applicable
when you have a "winprint" printer (that is, some of the logic is performed
by the operating system, like the Canon BJC 5000/5100), only it has sense
when dealing with printers that are "DOS ready", for example, HP720C.
Anyway, for a printer like HP720C or inkjet HP compatible,  you can use the
Deskjet plus printer codes provided in PRINTERS.DBF, I don't think you
really would need a new driver.
Carlos

Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer drivers for FPD2.6?
On the subject of "Windows Only" printers, take a look at the program
"WinPrint" at
http://www.allamericansportsware.com/developers/winprint.htm   ...
This lets you print from a foxpro dos program (or Foxprow windows 2.6,
or any other program that can create a text file) as easily as
creating HTML text.  It gives you zoom-able graphical print preview,
too!

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:37:51 -0300, "Carlos Alejandro Prez"

Quote:

>Hi. You have to deal with PRINTERS.DBF and such things, add a row for the
>new printer you want and fill the escape sequencies in the proper fields
>(condensed on, condensed off, etc. etc.). Of course, this is not applicable
>when you have a "winprint" printer (that is, some of the logic is performed
>by the operating system, like the Canon BJC 5000/5100), only it has sense
>when dealing with printers that are "DOS ready", for example, HP720C.
>Anyway, for a printer like HP720C or inkjet HP compatible,  you can use the
>Deskjet plus printer codes provided in PRINTERS.DBF, I don't think you
>really would need a new driver.
>Carlos

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printer drivers for FPD2.6?

2. FPD2.6 printer driver

3. printer driver setup in FPD2.6A

4. Printer Driver Setup in Report Form - FPD2.6A

5. Wanted: IBM Portable Printer 5183 Printer Driver or equivalent

6. Printer Driver for IBM 4019 Laser Printer

7. How do I get the printer *driver* for any available printer

8. Brother HL10H printer - error loading printer driver

9. FPD2.6 HP 4 Driver

10. Okidata OL400 Drivers for FPD2.0

11. FPD2.5b and SET PRINTER TO COM1

12. FPD2.6 Network Printer Problem