newbie question, FP 2.5 D
Author Message
 newbie question, FP 2.5 D

AD>I have a database with 2 fields: name char 10; num numeric 2
AD>in some of the num fields I have a number, some a zero and some
AD>blank. EX: Mike 0
AD>    Steve
AD>    Ralph 10
AD>    Debbie 0
AD>    Mark  19

AD>When I set a filter like SET FILT TO empty(num)
AD>I get all records with no data in them AS WELL AS those with a zero

AD>When I set a filter like SET FILT TO num=0
AD>I get the same list.

AD>Is there a way in an already existing database to distinquish between
AD>no  data fields and zero fields?

AD>Thanks

ISBLANK() return .t. if data has not been entered in a field.

SET FILTER TO ISBLANK(num)

will set the filter to only those records for which no number has been
entered (0 is considered a number).  ISBLANK() also works for character
fields.

You can return a field to the blank state by using the BLANK command.

BLANK FIELD num

Sat, 10 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. newbie question, FP 2.5 DOS

2. Newbie questions(2) for Foxpro 2.5 on Mac

3. Foxprow 2.5 newbie dumb question

4. FP 2.5 Mac Questions

5. Communications Question in FP 2.5

6. Indexing with FP 2.0 from FP 2.5

7. Foxprow 2.5 newbie, again...

8. Beginning user of VFP - Backward DATA compatibility with FP 2.5

9. Problem with FP 2.5 browse window

10. Comm libraries and FP 2.5/6 DOS, 2.6/Win

11. Reporting from FP 2.5 tables

12. Printing Graphs in FP 2.5 for Mac