How to send cursors to vfp client from vfp automation server
Author Message
 How to send cursors to vfp client from vfp automation server

Is it possible to return a cursor, much like a recordset,
from a remote VFP6 automation server to a VFP6 client?

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 03:59:25 GMT
 How to send cursors to vfp client from vfp automation server
Hello,

Rick Strahl wrote an article on sending dbf files with a remote VFP server over http in Advisor, but it is a long time ago (before
2000). I dont remember the exact details and I dont have a copy here. If i am not mistaken, he used CREATEBINARY(). Perhaps you can
find related material on www.advisor.com or on Rick's web site at www.west-wind.com

--
Eric den Doop
www.foxite.com - The Home Of The Visual FoxPro Experts

Quote:
> Is it possible to return a cursor, much like a recordset,
> from a remote VFP6 automation server to a VFP6 client?

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 04:46:36 GMT

1. Sending a VFP object to an automation server

2. VFP as Server in Client/Server

3. ole automation (making client use server resources)

4. FP 2.6, VFP 3.0, VB 3.0 and the future in client/server

5. VFP OLE Server callbacks using VB Client

6. VFP flat or true client/server database?

7. Is VFP 5.0 used for client/server development

8. Can I build client/server with VFP 5.0 ?

9. VFP/SQL Client/Server developer available

10. VFP Client / Server Problem

11. Client-Server with VFP

12. newbie VFP on Client to call DLL on Server