Accesing Lotus Notes with FoxPro
Author Message
 Accesing Lotus Notes with FoxPro

Hi everybody.

I need help. I have an application that use mapi controls
in order to access notes mail. But I have some problems
handling the recipients, because it don't appear in the
new memo that I create (based on the class
file "\samples\ole\mapibtn.vcx") in LOTUS 5.0.9., that is,
using the instructions..

this.parent.OleMMess.reciptype (TO, CC, BCC)
this.parent.OleMMess.recipdisplayname (mail address)

For this case, I have set the IE 5.0 service "e-mail"
to "Lotus Notes" (Internet Options\Programs).

Now, when I set the IE service e-mail to Outlook, in some
cases VFP present the 1748 error message indicating
incompatibility when I create and show a "form" object.

Somebody have instructions (or documentation) about the
NotesSession Object, In order to try the acces by coding,
instead the mapi controls?

Thanks a lot!!

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 05:42:59 GMT
 Accesing Lotus Notes with FoxPro
I don't have a solution for your problem, but IDSMail works with Notes.
Getting the distribution right is difficult (for your applications that you
deploy), but the product works well.

www.intuitive-data.com

--
William Fields
MCSD - Microsoft Visual FoxPro

"We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."

                   - Aristotle (BC 384-322, Greek Philosopher)

Quote:
> Hi everybody.

> I need help. I have an application that use mapi controls
> in order to access notes mail. But I have some problems
> handling the recipients, because it don't appear in the
> new memo that I create (based on the class
> file "\samples\ole\mapibtn.vcx") in LOTUS 5.0.9., that is,
> using the instructions..

> this.parent.OleMMess.reciptype (TO, CC, BCC)
> this.parent.OleMMess.recipdisplayname (mail address)

> For this case, I have set the IE 5.0 service "e-mail"
> to "Lotus Notes" (Internet Options\Programs).

> Now, when I set the IE service e-mail to Outlook, in some
> cases VFP present the 1748 error message indicating
> incompatibility when I create and show a "form" object.

> Somebody have instructions (or documentation) about the
> NotesSession Object, In order to try the acces by coding,
> instead the mapi controls?

> Thanks a lot!!

Mon, 10 Jan 2005 23:14:42 GMT
 Accesing Lotus Notes with FoxPro
I don't think Notes is MAPI compliant??

Quote:
> Hi everybody.

> I need help. I have an application that use mapi controls
> in order to access notes mail. But I have some problems
> handling the recipients, because it don't appear in the
> new memo that I create (based on the class
> file "\samples\ole\mapibtn.vcx") in LOTUS 5.0.9., that is,
> using the instructions..

> this.parent.OleMMess.reciptype (TO, CC, BCC)
> this.parent.OleMMess.recipdisplayname (mail address)

> For this case, I have set the IE 5.0 service "e-mail"
> to "Lotus Notes" (Internet Options\Programs).

> Now, when I set the IE service e-mail to Outlook, in some
> cases VFP present the 1748 error message indicating
> incompatibility when I create and show a "form" object.

> Somebody have instructions (or documentation) about the
> NotesSession Object, In order to try the acces by coding,
> instead the mapi controls?

> Thanks a lot!!

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 02:56:02 GMT
 Accesing Lotus Notes with FoxPro
the notes session object is the main object that contains all ln objects.
the session object is contained in the nlsxbe.dll (win32).  all the various
apis (ole , com, java, lotusscript) are usually in this library.  first, go
to http://notes.net and look there. second, bob balaban wrote the dll in
question; his site is http://loosleaf.net/forum.nsf

email with any questions that you have.

Quote:

> Hi everybody.

> I need help. I have an application that use mapi controls
> in order to access notes mail. But I have some problems
> handling the recipients, because it don't appear in the
> new memo that I create (based on the class
> file "\samples\ole\mapibtn.vcx") in LOTUS 5.0.9., that is,
> using the instructions..

> this.parent.OleMMess.reciptype (TO, CC, BCC)
> this.parent.OleMMess.recipdisplayname (mail address)

> For this case, I have set the IE 5.0 service "e-mail"
> to "Lotus Notes" (Internet Options\Programs).

> Now, when I set the IE service e-mail to Outlook, in some
> cases VFP present the 1748 error message indicating
> incompatibility when I create and show a "form" object.

> Somebody have instructions (or documentation) about the
> NotesSession Object, In order to try the acces by coding,
> instead the mapi controls?

> Thanks a lot!!

Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:28:52 GMT

1. integrating Foxpro and Lotus Notes

2. DDE in Lotus Notes w/ Foxpro as server?

3. Sending mail from foxpro via lotus notes

4. FoxPro and Lotus Notes

5. Visual Foxpro and Lotus Notes

6. Visual FoxPro and Lotus Notes

7. Lotus Notes via Visual Foxpro 6.0

8. Help: Accessing Lotus Notes via ODBC from FoxPro 2.6

9. Lotus Notes

10. Integrating Fox app into Lotus Notes - HELP!

11. Exporting to Lotus Notes

12. Lotus Notes & VFP 7