replication
Author Message
 replication

What is the best way to replicate the entire FileSys structure from
a SCO OSR5 box to another box, another box could be any Unix (Solaris,
Linux)

What we want to do is to setup another machine to copy everything from a
existing machine (SCO OSR5) to a new box to create a similar files
directories structure, in case the original box die. The new box will
contain everything that the old has. The transfer of those files could
be from the 100Mbps network. Everything must be transfer within 48
hours. Basically like tape backup, but it backing it up on another
machine over the weekend.
Any tips, hints and suggestion will help !thanks

|American Direct Mail(ADM) 350 Hudson Street, NY 11014   |

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 replication
[ Courtesy cc'ed through e-mail to the quoted author ]

Quote:
>What is the best way to replicate the entire FileSys structure from
>a SCO OSR5 box to another box, another box could be any Unix (Solaris,
>Linux)

>What we want to do is to setup another machine to copy everything from a
>existing machine (SCO OSR5) to a new box to create a similar files
>directories structure, in case the original box die. The new box will
>contain everything that the old has. The transfer of those files could
>be from the 100Mbps network. Everything must be transfer within 48
>hours. Basically like tape backup, but it backing it up on another
>machine over the weekend.
>Any tips, hints and suggestion will help !thanks

If "the other" machine is operational, just export the / on the first machine
and NFS-mount it on the other (in, say, /exported).  Then do

dump f - /exported | restore rf -

to copy all of the / from the first machine to the current directory on the
"other" machine.
This question can be better answered in comp.unix.admin or some such.

--
[ When replying, remove *'s from address ]
Alexandre Pechtchanski, Systems Manager, RUH, NY

Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Automated Replication for FoxPro?

2. Replication Time Delay Between Publisher & Distributer

3. VFP 6.0/SQL 7.0 Replication & Reporting Application

4. Replication with Foxpro

5. Data Replication

6. Replication

7. Foxpro replication across TCP/IP?

8. SQL to Foxpro ODBC Replication?

9. Data Replication

10. Data Replication

11. Replication and synchronizaton of tables over the web.

12. Replication