Talk to ACCESS .MDB files?
Author Message
 Talk to ACCESS .MDB files?

Hi there,

With Visual Fox, or any Foxpro variation, has anyone ever worked out a
way to use Foxpro to read tables within an MS-ACCESS .MDB file?
I have looked for this for ages and can't find any reference to it
anywhere ...

Any advice greatlky appreciated,

Thanks,

Sun, 12 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Talk to ACCESS .MDB files?

:
: Hi there,
:
: With Visual Fox, or any Foxpro variation, has anyone ever worked out a
: way to use Foxpro to read tables within an MS-ACCESS .MDB file?
: I have looked for this for ages and can't find any reference to it
: anywhere ...

It can be done through ODBC.  Easiest way typically is to create
"remote" views in the Database Designer.

Joe

Sun, 12 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Talk to ACCESS .MDB files?

You should be able to create a remote view in VFP using the ODBC drivers
for Access's Jet Database.

Geary

Quote:

> Hi there,

> With Visual Fox, or any Foxpro variation, has anyone ever worked out a
> way to use Foxpro to read tables within an MS-ACCESS .MDB file?
> I have looked for this for ages and can't find any reference to it
> anywhere ...

> Any advice greatlky appreciated,

> Thanks,

Mon, 13 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC - extracting data from Access .MDB file

2. Fox 2.6 and Access MDB files

3. Reading MS Access .mdb files from VFP

4. can VFP read and write Access MDB files?

5. Using SQLConfigDataSource to access mdb file via ODBC

6. Accessing Access mdb from foxpro?

7. Attaching to DBC from Access MDB

8. ms access mdb create?

9. Create Access MDB programatically

10. Very strange: remote view on Access MDB won't open

11. Writing to Access database (.mdb)

12. Access MDB from VFP