@ ..EDIT in FoxproW 2.5
Author Message
 @ ..EDIT in FoxproW 2.5

I'm using the screen painter to add an 'edit region', but I cannot enter a
default text. Therefore I have to change the generated code and add the

How can I do this in the screenpainter?

frido

Sat, 22 Mar 1997 17:43:37 GMT
 @ ..EDIT in FoxproW 2.5
-> I'm using the screen painter to add an 'edit region', but I cannot enter a
-> default text. Therefore I have to change the generated code and add the

Set the value of the variable you are editing in the edit region to what you
want the default to be.  Do this in your setup code.  The GET will recognize
it.

i.e.

Store "Cal Evans" to lc_Name

An edit region on lc_Name in the main body of the screen would have Cal Evans
in it.

Cal

 ----------------------------------
 - J & J OnLine * 1-205-457-5901  -
 - FamilyNet * Fidonet * Internet -
 ----------------------------------

Sun, 23 Mar 1997 19:22:00 GMT
 @ ..EDIT in FoxproW 2.5

Quote:
>I'm using the screen painter to add an 'edit region', but I cannot enter a
>default text. Therefore I have to change the generated code and add the

>How can I do this in the screenpainter?

If you are using EDIT to edit the contents of a variable, just set the
value of the variable in the setup snippet of the screen.

-- Tim
--
\_\_\_\_\_   \_\_\_\_   \_    \_    \_
     \_       \_    \_    \_   \_\_  \_

Tue, 25 Mar 1997 01:19:33 GMT
 @ ..EDIT in FoxproW 2.5

Quote:

(Frido M. Slobbe) writes:
>>I'm using the screen painter to add an 'edit region', but I cannot enter a
>>default text. Therefore I have to change the generated code and add the

>>How can I do this in the screenpainter?
>If you are using EDIT to edit the contents of a variable, just set the
>value of the variable in the setup snippet of the screen.

command. Other solutions?

frido

Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:06:39 GMT
 @ ..EDIT in FoxproW 2.5

Quote:

>(Frido M. Slobbe) writes:

>>>I'm using the screen painter to add an 'edit region', but I cannot enter a
>>>default text. Therefore I have to change the generated code and add the

>>>How can I do this in the screenpainter?

>>If you are using EDIT to edit the contents of a variable, just set the
>>value of the variable in the setup snippet of the screen.

>command. Other solutions?
>frido

I just tested the following and it works:

  1) Create a new screen.
  2) Define it as a window in the screen layout.
  3) Create a FIELD on the screen.
  4) In the field settings dialog, select the EDIT radio button to make

  5) In the same dialog, in the variable field following the <Edit...>
     button, enter the name of the variable to edit (e.g. m.myVar)
  6) Create a button on the screen, Label it "Done", put "CLEAR READ" in
     its valid snippet.
  7) Open the setup snippet for the screen and enter the following:

           PRIVATE myVar
           m.myVar = "This is the preset value of the edit field."

  8) Save the screen.
  9) Generate the screen.
 10) Compile the screen.
 11) Run the screen.

The screen will appear with the text "This is the preset value of the
edit field." already in the EDIT field.

-- Tim

--
\_\_\_\_\_   \_\_\_\_   \_    \_    \_
     \_       \_    \_    \_   \_\_  \_

Mon, 31 Mar 1997 00:11:45 GMT

1. Strange FoxProw 2.5/WFW problem

2. WIN3.1 printing from FoxProW 2.5

3. Printing multipage reports using FoxproW 2.5 on Lantastic/Workgroup

4. foxprow 2.5 & win2k

5. graphic under foxprow 2.5

6. FoxproW 2.5

7. Foxprow 2.5 problem