Setting printer to landscape in a program
Author Message
 Setting printer to landscape in a program

I am trying to set a printer to landscape orientation in a program in
FoxPro for Windows 2.6.  The only way I have found so far is to use "SET
DEVICE TO PRINTER PROMPT".  But, I don't want the user having to set this
each time.  Does anyone know how to do this without using the "PROMPT"?

Sun, 31 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting printer to landscape in a program

Quote:

>I am trying to set a printer to landscape orientation in a program in
>FoxPro for Windows 2.6.  The only way I have found so far is to use
"SET
>DEVICE TO PRINTER PROMPT".  But, I don't want the user having to set
this
>each time.  Does anyone know how to do this without using the

"PROMPT"?

the reports menu.  You'll notice that a visual representation of your
report appears on screen.  Now, if you don't want your users having to
use SET DEVICE TO PRINTER PROMPT each time, select the Printer Setup
button in that Page Layout screen. Choose your printer options
(landscape, print quality, number of copies, ports) etc...  Exit that
screen and save the report and the print settings you selected will be
saved with it.  There is no need to save the environment information.

One catch however:

- FoxPro will search for the appropriate printer driver file (.DRV) for
this printer, which means that all users must be printing to the same
printer or same type of printer for this technique to work.

- Also all users must be printing to the same port or network device.

Paul Roy
Q Prime Corporation
http://www.qprime.com

Mon, 01 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting printer to landscape in a program

Quote:

> >I am trying to set a printer to landscape orientation in a program in
> >FoxPro for Windows 2.6.  The only way I have found so far is to use
> "SET
> >DEVICE TO PRINTER PROMPT".  But, I don't want the user having to set
> this
> >each time.  Does anyone know how to do this without using the
> "PROMPT"?

> the reports menu.  You'll notice that a visual representation of your
> report appears on screen.  Now, if you don't want your users having to
> use SET DEVICE TO PRINTER PROMPT each time, select the Printer Setup
> button in that Page Layout screen. Choose your printer options
> (landscape, print quality, number of copies, ports) etc...  Exit that
> screen and save the report and the print settings you selected will be
> saved with it.  There is no need to save the environment information.

> One catch however:

> - FoxPro will search for the appropriate printer driver file (.DRV) for
> this printer, which means that all users must be printing to the same
> printer or same type of printer for this technique to work.

> - Also all users must be printing to the same port or network device.

Also, the paper source must be the same source as the windows default printer
paper source.

Bill

Wed, 03 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting printer to landscape in a program

What about changing the printer settings in the WIN.INI?
-DB

Quote:

> Bill

Wed, 10 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting printer to landscape in a program

I am currently using FPW2.6.  I have created a program that needs to
print landscape instead of portrait, but I do not want to use the report
writer.  The work-around I am using for this is to use the SET DEVICE TO
PRINTER PROMPT command.  Is there a way to programmatically change the
orientation from portrait to landscape and then back again?

Mon, 15 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need Program Control over Printer Landscape/Portrait in FoxWin

2. Setting printer to landscape mode?

3. Canon BJC-4200 Landscape printer codes

4. Foxpro 2.5 Dos Printer setup for page orientation - Landscape

5. need help to start landscape printing from report program in FPD2.6

6. New printer will NOT landscape!

7. Landscape Setting Reverts to Portrait

8. VFP: Printing: Set Landscape

9. Problems printing reports with paper Orientation set to Landscape

10. VFP: Printing: Set Landscape

11. FPW2.6 printing to network printer w/SET DEVICE TO PRINTER

12. VFP use setting of default printer for all printers - help