Not a Table/DBF - FPD 2.6
Author Message
 Not a Table/DBF - FPD 2.6

While working on Large tables in Foxpro 2.6 for DOS, I am facing this
problem - Not a Table/DBF file. This happens normally in case of power
failure.

How can we open such DBFs or repair them

Rajeev

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:19:40 GMT
 Not a Table/DBF - FPD 2.6
There are utilities out there for such problems. Do a netsearch for Foxpro DBF
repair utilities.

 I think there are some freeware utilities out there.

Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:58:56 GMT
 Not a Table/DBF - FPD 2.6

Quote:
> While working on Large tables in FoxPro 2.6 for DOS, I am facing this
> problem - Not a Table/DBF file. This happens normally in case of power
> failure.

This error occurs when the process of adding a record to a table is
interrupted. First FoxPro adds 1 to the record count in the header of
the table, then it adds the actual record. If the process is interrupted
there is a mismatch between the header and the body of the table.

To subtract one from the header you can use the process outlined at
<http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~NotATable~VFP>,or as Shah said, use a
third-party product.

Tue, 21 Dec 2004 01:01:52 GMT
 Not a Table/DBF - FPD 2.6

Quote:
> While working on Large tables in Foxpro 2.6 for DOS, I am facing this
> problem - Not a Table/DBF file. This happens normally in case of power
> failure.

> How can we open such DBFs or repair them

We have the 'Recover' repair utility available from our
website.

Paul Lee ......... Abri Technologies ....... http://www.abri.com/
       'Recover' - top rated FoxPro file repair utility.

Fri, 24 Dec 2004 04:36:21 GMT

1. NOT A TABLE/DBF Fox 2.6 for Windows

2. Can FPD 2.6 read db5 .dbf?

3. FPD/FPW 2.6 FoxExpress Mods DBF