VFP3 Fatal error 462 while attempting to report Fatal error 462
Author Message
 VFP3 Fatal error 462 while attempting to report Fatal error 462

One of our customers is getting this error whilst trying to run a particular
very simple report to the printer. It is fine if they preview to screen
first and then print but always crashes if they go straight from the option
which creates the data for printing to output the report to printer.
 We have managed to create the error ourselves running on the c drive of one
of machines but the same report runs fine on the network drive. I have
recreated the report from scratch and it still happens. I'm totally stumped
as to what to try next as it is impossible to debug as it is during the
report form command that it is crashing.
Any ideas anyone??

Thanks for any help you can give

--
__________________________
Bernie Beattie

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP3 Fatal error 462 while attempting to report Fatal error 462
I've had this error or one like it.  I always assumed it was a bug in which
foxpro encountered an error running its own internal error handling routine.
The only answer I have ever found it to avoid the sequence of events which
leads to the problem.

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VFP3 Fatal error 462 while attempting to report Fatal error 462
Bernie,

"Error ### reporting error ###" can be translated into English like this, "I
am {*filter*} on a chicken bone, but I cannot tell you I am {*filter*} on a
chicken bone because I am {*filter*} on a chicken bone."

It is indicative of VFP being in a state that it cannot even determine what
the cause of the error is.  In your case this may very well be related to
the printer driver being used at the time.  HP drivers are infamous for this
type of problem.  You can test this hypothesis by using a different printer
driver and see if the problem goes away.  With HP printer it is fairly easy
to use one of the older drivers for one of the older models of the printer.
If that is not possible you can try using the generic text driver to see if
it fixes the problem.  If the driver change fixes the problem then it is
time to track down a newer version of the driver for the printer in use.

--
JimB
www.jamesbooth.com

Quote:
> One of our customers is getting this error whilst trying to run a
particular
> very simple report to the printer. It is fine if they preview to screen
> first and then print but always crashes if they go straight from the
option
> which creates the data for printing to output the report to printer.
>  We have managed to create the error ourselves running on the c drive of
one
> of machines but the same report runs fine on the network drive. I have
> recreated the report from scratch and it still happens. I'm totally
stumped
> as to what to try next as it is impossible to debug as it is during the
> report form command that it is crashing.
> Any ideas anyone??

> Thanks for any help you can give

> --
> __________________________
> Bernie Beattie
> Financial & Property Software
> Phone : 01786 472625
> Fax : 01786 471549
> Help Desk : 01786 446106

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fatal Error 462 while reporting 462 error.

2. Fatal error 462 in VFP3

3. VFP reports - Fatal Error 462

4. Fatal error 462...

5. fatal error 462

6. FPW2.6a-"internal consistancy error" #462

7. Error 462

8. Help!!!! VFP 3.0 reporting "Fatal error 6 while attempting to report fatal error 6"

9. Fatal error & Internal consistency error

10. Fatal error & Internal consistency error

11. "internal consistency error" #462...

12. Fatal error in report form