Transparent icon images
Author Message
 Transparent icon images

All...

I've created a toolbar with command button that uses icons for the
images. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to make the images appear
on the buttons "transparently", so that the normal gray background
around each image takes on the color of the command button. It looks
very amateurish.

Has anyone found a way around this issue?

Thanks,

Cecil

--
Cecil Galbraith

Free programmer's utilities and MFC tips at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~cgalbrai

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent icon images

Cecil,

I believe if you use \vfp\imagedit\imagedit.exe and fill the background of
the icon with the Screen color that shows up in the color palette that area
will be transparent.

df  (MVP FoxPro) - http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

Quote:
> I've created a toolbar with command button that uses icons for the
> images. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to make the images appear
> on the buttons "transparently", so that the normal gray background
> around each image takes on the color of the command button. It looks
> very amateurish.

> Has anyone found a way around this issue?

Thu, 27 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent icon images

Quote:

> Cecil,

> I believe if you use \vfp\imagedit\imagedit.exe and fill the background of
> the icon with the Screen color that shows up in the color palette that area
> will be transparent.

> df  (MVP FoxPro) - http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

> > I've created a toolbar with command button that uses icons for the
> > images. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to make the images appear
> > on the buttons "transparently", so that the normal gray background
> > around each image takes on the color of the command button. It looks
> > very amateurish.

> > Has anyone found a way around this issue?

David,

Thanks for the reply. I struggled on last night and ran across some
information that had escaped me before.

If you use bitmaps instead of icons and make what ever you want to blend
with the button face white (RGB(255,255,255)), the problem goes away.

Thanks again...

Incidentally, do you work at the Research Triangle near IBM near Durham
NC? Curiousity aroused by your address...

Cecil

--
Cecil Galbraith

Free programmer's utilities and MFC tips at
http://www.concentric.net/~cgalbrai

Thu, 27 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent icon images

Hi Cecil

Make a copy of your .bmp file, and color the picture black and rename it
from .bmp to .msk.

--
Best Regards from Denmark

Benn Kjaer [IDEAL data A/S]

Quote:
> All...

> I've created a toolbar with command button that uses icons for the
> images. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to make the images appear
> on the buttons "transparently", so that the normal gray background
> around each image takes on the color of the command button. It looks
> very amateurish.

> Has anyone found a way around this issue?

> Thanks,

> Cecil

> --
> Cecil Galbraith

> Free programmer's utilities and MFC tips at
> http://www.concentric.net/~cgalbrai

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent icon images

This only works if your screen background is white.  If you change the
backcolor of the window the toolbar sits on, the icons will show that color
as background instead of grey.  Don't ask me why.

Mike

Fri, 28 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent icon images

Mike,

When I run imagedit and it has a .ico open there is a little 2 color block to the left of the main 16 color
palette. In my case the upper block shows a light blue since that's my current desktop color. I assume if I
change desktop colors that color would change as well. It's used to make regions transparent.

df  - (MVP FoxPro) http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/9834/

Quote:
> This only works if your screen background is white.  If you change the
> backcolor of the window the toolbar sits on, the icons will show that color
> as background instead of grey.  Don't ask me why.

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VFP executable still displaying small fox icon in Explorer with multi image icon

2. Transparent images on report from a table/cursor

3. Trouble Printing images in Transparent Mode

4. Need to print several transparent images overlapping

5. VFP 5.0 Icons and Bitmaps : Masking the transparent area

6. Transparent images in treeview

7. Transparent images!

8. jpg icon instead of image in report

9. Set back color of icon image?

10. Images(bmp's) and Icons

11. Icon image conversion programs?

12. How to create icon file with 32x32 + 16x16 icon