Project Code Tab Locks PC
Author Message
 Project Code Tab Locks PC

Has anyone experienced their PC locking up when the click on the CODE tab of
the project manager?  "Programs" will list but it hangs there.  It doesn't
show "API Libraries" or "Applications"

I have it happening regularly on my PC.  The mouse cursor locks, etc...Looks
dead.  Music will still be playing but I can't do anything else.  I've tried
replicating the problem on other PCs but haven't be able to do so.  So that
rules out a problem with the project files.

One time it happened and I got up and walked away for a little bit.  I came
back and found the PC power management turned my monitor signal off.  I
moved the mouse, the screen came back and everything was acting like nothing
ever happened.  Everything was fine!  I've since shortened the time my
monitor is automatically turned off to 5 minutes.  So whenever VFP goes into
project shock I just wait 5 minutes,  the monitor blanks then I move the
mouse and everything is fine.  I'd rather not have to do this though.

Any clues?

Thanks,
John Gundrum

Sat, 22 Feb 2003 22:59:21 GMT
 Project Code Tab Locks PC
Sounds like a video driver problem.  I would suggest you get the latest
driver from the manufacturer for your video card, and if that doesn't work,
just use the standard SVGA driver that comes with windows and see if that
helps.

--
Fred

Quote:
> Has anyone experienced their PC locking up when the click on the CODE tab
of
> the project manager?  "Programs" will list but it hangs there.  It doesn't
> show "API Libraries" or "Applications"

> I have it happening regularly on my PC.  The mouse cursor locks,
etc...Looks
> dead.  Music will still be playing but I can't do anything else.  I've
tried
> replicating the problem on other PCs but haven't be able to do so.  So
that
> rules out a problem with the project files.

> One time it happened and I got up and walked away for a little bit.  I
came
> back and found the PC power management turned my monitor signal off.  I
> moved the mouse, the screen came back and everything was acting like
nothing
> ever happened.  Everything was fine!  I've since shortened the time my
> monitor is automatically turned off to 5 minutes.  So whenever VFP goes
into
> project shock I just wait 5 minutes,  the monitor blanks then I move the
> mouse and everything is fine.  I'd rather not have to do this though.

> Any clues?

> Thanks,
> John Gundrum

Sat, 22 Feb 2003 23:53:35 GMT
 Project Code Tab Locks PC
Hi John,

This often turned out to be a problem of the video driver.
You could try to update (or even downgrade) it or switch
to the Windows default VGA driver for testing purpose.

-Stefan

"John Gundrum" schrieb ...

Quote:
> Has anyone experienced their PC locking up when the click on the CODE tab
of
> the project manager?  "Programs" will list but it hangs there.  It doesn't
> show "API Libraries" or "Applications"

> I have it happening regularly on my PC.  The mouse cursor locks,
etc...Looks
> dead.  Music will still be playing but I can't do anything else.  I've
tried
> replicating the problem on other PCs but haven't be able to do so.  So
that
> rules out a problem with the project files.

> One time it happened and I got up and walked away for a little bit.  I
came
> back and found the PC power management turned my monitor signal off.  I
> moved the mouse, the screen came back and everything was acting like
nothing
> ever happened.  Everything was fine!  I've since shortened the time my
> monitor is automatically turned off to 5 minutes.  So whenever VFP goes
into
> project shock I just wait 5 minutes,  the monitor blanks then I move the
> mouse and everything is fine.  I'd rather not have to do this though.

> Any clues?

> Thanks,
> John Gundrum

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 00:02:09 GMT
 Project Code Tab Locks PC
Yes,

I had that problem too.
Pushing the sleep button and then the Wake button helps you out of that.
In my case the problem is solved in SP3
I found it very strange too

Greetings,

Ko Wisse
VFP'er
FlexiSoft

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 00:18:45 GMT
 Project Code Tab Locks PC
I running with SP3 and the problem is still happening.

I'm going to try the video driver when I get a chance.

Thanks again!
John G.

Quote:
> Has anyone experienced their PC locking up when the click on the CODE tab
of
> the project manager?  "Programs" will list but it hangs there.  It doesn't
> show "API Libraries" or "Applications"

> I have it happening regularly on my PC.  The mouse cursor locks,
etc...Looks
> dead.  Music will still be playing but I can't do anything else.  I've
tried
> replicating the problem on other PCs but haven't be able to do so.  So
that
> rules out a problem with the project files.

> One time it happened and I got up and walked away for a little bit.  I
came
> back and found the PC power management turned my monitor signal off.  I
> moved the mouse, the screen came back and everything was acting like
nothing
> ever happened.  Everything was fine!  I've since shortened the time my
> monitor is automatically turned off to 5 minutes.  So whenever VFP goes
into
> project shock I just wait 5 minutes,  the monitor blanks then I move the
> mouse and everything is fine.  I'd rather not have to do this though.

> Any clues?

> Thanks,
> John Gundrum

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 00:45:23 GMT
 Project Code Tab Locks PC
John,

The video acceleration can also be at fault. If the lastest driver doesn't
fix it, try cutting back on the acceleration until the problem goes away.
--
df    - (Microsoft FoxPro MVP) http://www.geocities.com/df_FoxPro/

Quote:
> I running with SP3 and the problem is still happening.

> I'm going to try the video driver when I get a chance.

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 10:31:58 GMT

1. Help!! Code tab in Project Manager hangs computer

2. New install VP5.0a project manager hangs when accessing code tab

3. Fox Pro App Locks Up 95/98 PC

4. FoxPro 2.5 - LOCK()-ing with PC/TCP

5. Printing Locks Up PC

6. FPW Locks up PC

7. FPW Locks up PC

8. FoxPro 5.0 Locking PC

9. Push button tab order lock

10. Epson control code for PC graphics characters..?

11. Sharing PC and Mac code

12. PC Bar-Code Fonts needed