Landscape Setting Reverts to Portrait
Author Message
 Landscape Setting Reverts to Portrait

VFP6;  W98SE

I set the report to landscape in the "Printer Properties" on my
machine.

I clear the printer info in my .frx files because I don't know what
printer my user(s) will be using (I distribute my app as an .exe).

However, when I clear the .frx file, the landscape setting reverts
back to portrait the next time I open the report for modification.  My
columns to the right of 8.5 inches are retained but they are not
visible unless I reset the printer to landscape.

I know I could reduce font size, but I'd rather not.  Is there some
way I can be sure the report will print in landscape on all users'
default printer(s).

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Steve Meyerson

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:19:30 GMT
 Landscape Setting Reverts to Portrait
Hi Steve:

Based on your description, do you clear all the information from Expr field
of the report?  If so, you remove the Orientation data that tells the
report to print in landscape or portrait.  You can remove all the data in
the Expr field except the ORIENTATION=1 (for landscape). This article may
help you some in this respect:

133163 HOWTO: Control Printer Attributes for a Report at Run Time
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=133163

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

Quote:
>VFP6;  W98SE
>I set the report to landscape in the "Printer Properties" on my
>machine.
>I clear the printer info in my .frx files because I don't know what
>printer my user(s) will be using (I distribute my app as an .exe).
>However, when I clear the .frx file, the landscape setting reverts
>back to portrait the next time I open the report for modification.  My
>columns to the right of 8.5 inches are retained but they are not
>visible unless I reset the printer to landscape.
>I know I could reduce font size, but I'd rather not.  Is there some
>way I can be sure the report will print in landscape on all users'
>default printer(s).
>I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
>Steve Meyerson

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:32:51 GMT
 Landscape Setting Reverts to Portrait
Lee,

Your suggestion is simple, easy, and worked perfectly. Thank you very
much!

Steve

Quote:
>Hi Steve:

>Based on your description, do you clear all the information from Expr field
>of the report?  If so, you remove the Orientation data that tells the
>report to print in landscape or portrait.  You can remove all the data in
>the Expr field except the ORIENTATION=1 (for landscape). This article may
>help you some in this respect:

>133163 HOWTO: Control Printer Attributes for a Report at Run Time
>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=133163

>I hope this helps.

>Sincerely,
>Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
>Lee Mitchell

>>VFP6;  W98SE

>>I set the report to landscape in the "Printer Properties" on my
>>machine.

>>I clear the printer info in my .frx files because I don't know what
>>printer my user(s) will be using (I distribute my app as an .exe).

>>However, when I clear the .frx file, the landscape setting reverts
>>back to portrait the next time I open the report for modification.  My
>>columns to the right of 8.5 inches are retained but they are not
>>visible unless I reset the printer to landscape.

>>I know I could reduce font size, but I'd rather not.  Is there some
>>way I can be sure the report will print in landscape on all users'
>>default printer(s).

>>I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

>>Steve Meyerson

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:55:02 GMT

1. Need Program Control over Printer Landscape/Portrait in FoxWin

2. Mixed Portrait and Landscape Report

3. printing portrait instead of landscape

4. landscape and portrait

5. portrait vs. landscape print problem

6. landscape prints portrait

7. printing error - landscape vs. portrait

8. FPW 2.6 portrait/landscape

9. VFP: Printing: Set Landscape

10. Problems printing reports with paper Orientation set to Landscape

11. Setting printer to landscape mode?

12. Setting printer to landscape in a program