Weird result using replace command
Author Message
 Weird result using replace command

Dear expert:

Recently, I processed a free dbf table using replace commnad in Visual
FoxPro 6.0 command window, I got a strange result: some fields of a record
or entire record were replaced with upper case 'U'.

The free dbf table locaed at a file server is accessed through Netware
Network.

Would you please help me to figure out what's wrong.

Thank you very much.

Hongbo

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 02:26:18 GMT
 Weird result using replace command

Can you send more info???

Field types? lengths?
File resides where?
What was the free table created with?
Example of the replace command(s) you issued?
Regards,

Derek

Quote:
> Dear expert:

> Recently, I processed a free dbf table using replace commnad in Visual
> FoxPro 6.0 command window, I got a strange result: some fields of a record
> or entire record were replaced with upper case 'U'.

> The free dbf table locaed at a file server is accessed through Netware
> Network.

> Would you please help me to figure out what's wrong.

> Thank you very much.

> Hongbo

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 02:57:39 GMT
 Weird result using replace command
Hi Derek,

Thank you for your response. Here is the file layout:

------------------------------------------File
layout--------------------------
Layout for file:  TEST.DBF  as DBF
   Record Count:   132546

  Record Length:      383

Start  Length   FieldName     Type
----------------------------------

    1     1     <none>         D
    2    10     BAGBUNDLE      C
   12     2     BB             C
   14     1     MIX            C
   15    10     WALKMONTH      C
   25     4     SYSTEM         C
   29     3     CENTILE        C
   32    16     ACCOUNT        C
   48    10     SCRAMBLE       C
   58    18     MKTCONST       C
   76     5     PREFIX         C
   81    26     NAME           C
  107    40     FULLNAME       C
  147    40     SALUTATION     C
  187    20     FIRST          C
  207    20     LAST           C
  227    26     ADDR1          C
  253    26     ADDR2          C
  279    18     CITY           C
  297     2     PROV           C
  299     7     POSTAL         C
  306     1     LANG           C
  307     1     SEX            C
  308     2     YEAR           C
  310     2     AGE            C
  312     2     MON            C
  314    10     MONTH          C
  324    10     FILEID         C
  334     5     PRIORITY       C
  339     5     FLAGS          C
  344    10     PREM50NS       C
  354    10     PREM50SM       C
  364    10     PREM100NS      C
  374    10     PREM100SM      C
-----------------------------------------------------End of file
layout---------------------------------------

The commnads I used are "Replace all First with ltrim(Substr(Name, at(',',
Name)+1, Len(Name)-At(',',Name))) and "Replace all Last with
ltrim(Substr(Name,1, At(',', Name)-1)). The file is located at network drive
g:\work\data\1886\inp\test.dbf.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Hongbo

Quote:
> Can you send more info???

> Field types? lengths?
> File resides where?
> What was the free table created with?
> Example of the replace command(s) you issued?
> Regards,

> Derek

> > Dear expert:

> > Recently, I processed a free dbf table using replace commnad in Visual
> > FoxPro 6.0 command window, I got a strange result: some fields of a
record
> > or entire record were replaced with upper case 'U'.

> > The free dbf table locaed at a file server is accessed through Netware
> > Network.

> > Would you please help me to figure out what's wrong.

> > Thank you very much.

> > Hongbo

Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:44:41 GMT

1. fpw26 bug (it seems) using replace command-help!

2. MESSAGE(1) returning weird results.

3. weird MESSAGE(1) results!!!

4. command results when status bar off

5. Replace command bug ?

6. Replace Command

7. Using the PROMPT option of the REPORT command on a Macintosh and printing using GRAYSCALE

8. *-* Replace COMMAND ERROR FPW2.6 *-*

9. replace command

10. Problems Updating a table (REPLACE command)

11. Replace command problem

12. FPW2.6 - REPLACE command across several .dbfs