PROBLEMS WITH DBT FILES
Author Message
 PROBLEMS WITH DBT FILES

Hello everybody!, I have the following problem and I'd like to know if there
is anybody who can help me:

I have a database, which has approximately 3000 registers, this database has
DBT file, and suddenly none of the observations that I had inserted in the
DBT file coincide with the database. Is there anything that allows to index
DTB?, Has anybody find himself in this situation? How did he resolve it? I
have to tell you that I work with CLIPPLER 5.01 and I compile with BLINKER
3.0.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PROBLEMS WITH DBT FILES
Hi Luis,

What is the size of the dbt file ? There was a problem with clipper 87 (and
maybe with the early Clipper 5 versions) with the dbt files. The size
couldn't exceed 16 Mb.

Eric

Quote:
>Hello everybody!, I have the following problem and I'd like to know if
there
>is anybody who can help me:

>I have a database, which has approximately 3000 registers, this database
has
>DBT file, and suddenly none of the observations that I had inserted in the
>DBT file coincide with the database. Is there anything that allows to index
>DTB?, Has anybody find himself in this situation? How did he resolve it? I
>have to tell you that I work with CLIPPLER 5.01 and I compile with BLINKER
>3.0.

>THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PROBLEMS WITH DBT FILES
The dbt will corrupt when it reaches 32Mb.  Call CAI and their senior
developer will be more than happy to give you all the details.

Quote:
> Hi Luis,

> What is the size of the dbt file ? There was a problem with clipper 87
(and
> maybe with the early Clipper 5 versions) with the dbt files. The size
> couldn't exceed 16 Mb.

> Eric

> >Hello everybody!, I have the following problem and I'd like to know
if
> there
> >is anybody who can help me:

> >I have a database, which has approximately 3000 registers, this
database
> has
> >DBT file, and suddenly none of the observations that I had inserted
in the
> >DBT file coincide with the database. Is there anything that allows to
> >DTB?, Has anybody find himself in this situation? How did he resolve
it? I
> >have to tell you that I work with CLIPPLER 5.01 and I compile with
BLINKER
> >3.0.

> >THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PROBLEMS WITH DBT FILES
Maybe a "dbtpack" will help to earn back some space :

cTmp := TmpName()       // give a unique file name

copy db1.dbf to ( cTmp )
use ( cTmp )
copy to db1.dbf for ! deleted()
use

if file("db1.dbf") .and. file("db1.dbt")
   // Maybe you'll like to check the size too
   use db1 index db1
   reindex
   use
else
   msg("Problems, problems....")
   // maybe you'll like to copy back
   // your tmp files (dbf + dbt) to db1.*
endif

And if it's not enough, maybe you could think about the possibility to transorm
your .dbt into a .dbf : check the OASIS (www.the-oasis.net) for dbfmemo.zip (or
maybe memodbf.zip :-)

Sebas,
Alvicerto, Lda

Quote:
>The dbt will corrupt when it reaches 32Mb.  Call CAI and their senior
>developer will be more than happy to give you all the details.

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 PROBLEMS WITH DBT FILES
HI ???,

AFAIR it was 16 Mb with Clipper 87 but as we move all our apps to Clipper 5
a long time ago ... I could be wrong.
However, the solution was to split to dbf file or, via dBase, to copy the
dbf to another file with "COPY TO ... FOR NOT DELETED" and then rename both
source and target files. This solution can decrease the dbt size but cannot
be considered as a definitive solution.

Eric

Quote:
>The dbt will corrupt when it reaches 32Mb.  Call CAI and their senior
>developer will be more than happy to give you all the details.

>> Hi Luis,

>> What is the size of the dbt file ? There was a problem with clipper 87
>(and
>> maybe with the early Clipper 5 versions) with the dbt files. The size
>> couldn't exceed 16 Mb.

>> Eric

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems with a DBT file (MEMO, fields)

2. DBT file problem

3. Please help, DBT file problem

4. DBT file problems...

5. File size of Advantage dbt files

6. Clipper .dbt to dBase .dbt?

7. Program Hang - DBT file

8. Access 97 linking to DBF,NTX, DBT Files

9. DBT file

10. Clipper 5.2e And Delphi 5.0 using .DBT memo files

11. export dbf dbt and ntx files ?

12. DBT File and 32 MB Limit