Other Countries - other Clipper?
Author Message
 Other Countries - other Clipper?

I am sitting here in Mexico and I worte a prgram in Clipper 5.01 which I
sent to some companies in dieferent countries (.exe and .dbf) so that they
could capture some data and send it back.

Now it seems that this program does not work in France and Argentina. What
could be the problem?

--
Greetings and thanks for answering,
Gerhard

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Other Countries - other Clipper?

Quote:

> I am sitting here in Mexico and I worte a prgram in Clipper 5.01 which I
> sent to some companies in dieferent countries (.exe and .dbf) so that they
> could capture some data and send it back.

> Now it seems that this program does not work in France and Argentina. What
> could be the problem?

> --
> Greetings and thanks for answering,
> Gerhard

Hola Gerhard,

Si te puedo ayudar, estoy a tu disposicion ! Vivo en Francia, hablo
espa?ol (mi esposa es paisana tuya !).
Que pasa, que no funciona, porque, como, cuando, donde.... ??
No dudes en escribirme !

Salu2 de Paris
--

Videomuseum
6, rue Beaubourg

http://www.videomuseum.fr
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7237/
See also : http://www.stack.nl/~lamping/bgevents.htm

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Other Countries - other Clipper?

Quote:
> I am sitting here in Mexico and I worte a prgram in Clipper 5.01
> which I sent to some companies in dieferent countries (.exe and
> .dbf) so that they could capture some data and send it back.

> Now it seems that this program does not work in France and
> Argentina. What could be the problem?

Earth's magnetic field?

Seriously though, "does not work" doesn't say much does it? How about
giving some indication about what fails and how it fails?

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |     w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |  ng2html - The NG to HTML converter.

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Other Countries - other Clipper?

Hi,

Perhaps you could be more specific as to what exactly doesn't work or what
error messages you get. Or doesn't the program startup at all? Are there
any "special" things in your program that you might suspect of...?

I don't see any reason why your program shouldn't work, unless it has
something to do with the country=xxx in the CONFIG.SYS file ("stupid"
suggestion...???)

--
Estevao Raminhos

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/2002

Quote:
> I am sitting here in Mexico and I worte a prgram in Clipper 5.01 which I
> sent to some companies in dieferent countries (.exe and .dbf) so that
they
> could capture some data and send it back.

> Now it seems that this program does not work in France and Argentina.
What
> could be the problem?

> --
> Greetings and thanks for answering,
> Gerhard

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Other Countries - other Clipper?

Hi,

Perhaps you could be more specific as to what exactly doesn't work or what
error messages you get. Or doesn't the program startup at all? Are there
any "special" things in your program that you might suspect of...?

I don't see any reason why your program shouldn't work, unless it has
something to do with the country=xxx in the CONFIG.SYS file ("stupid"
suggestion...???)

--
Estevao Raminhos

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/2002

Quote:
> I am sitting here in Mexico and I worte a prgram in Clipper 5.01 which I
> sent to some companies in dieferent countries (.exe and .dbf) so that
they
> could capture some data and send it back.

> Now it seems that this program does not work in France and Argentina.
What
> could be the problem?

> --
> Greetings and thanks for answering,
> Gerhard

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Other Countries - other Clipper?

Hi,

Perhaps you could be more specific as to what exactly doesn't work or what
error messages you get. Or doesn't the program startup at all? Are there
any "special" things in your program that you might suspect of...?

I don't see any reason why your program shouldn't work, unless it has
something to do with the country=xxx in the CONFIG.SYS file ("stupid"
suggestion...???)

--
Estevao Raminhos

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/2002

Quote:
> I am sitting here in Mexico and I worte a prgram in Clipper 5.01 which I
> sent to some companies in dieferent countries (.exe and .dbf) so that
they
> could capture some data and send it back.

> Now it seems that this program does not work in France and Argentina.
What
> could be the problem?

> --
> Greetings and thanks for answering,
> Gerhard

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Other Countries - other Clipper?

Hi,

Perhaps you could be more specific as to what exactly doesn't work or what
error messages you get. Or doesn't the program startup at all? Are there
any "special" things in your program that you might suspect of...?

I don't see any reason why your program shouldn't work, unless it has
something to do with the country=xxx in the CONFIG.SYS file ("stupid"
suggestion...???)

--
Estevao Raminhos

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/2002

Quote:
> I am sitting here in Mexico and I worte a prgram in Clipper 5.01 which I
> sent to some companies in dieferent countries (.exe and .dbf) so that
they
> could capture some data and send it back.

> Now it seems that this program does not work in France and Argentina.
What
> could be the problem?

> --
> Greetings and thanks for answering,
> Gerhard

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Other Countries - other Clipper?

Quote:
>I am sitting here in Mexico and I worte a prgram in Clipper 5.01 which I
>sent to some companies in dieferent countries (.exe and .dbf) so that they
>could capture some data and send it back.

>Now it seems that this program does not work in France and Argentina. What
>could be the problem?

Maybe it doesn't like the weather?

Could be anything. Microsoft sold several "international" versions of
DOS that aren't compatible with much of anything, many computers
aren't compatible with current standards, or it could be something
else entirely.

What brand/model of computers are they using, and what version of what
operating system?

What doesn't work? Does the program not start, or does it crash after
it starts?

Terry

--------------------

Terry Carmen
Meadowbrook Software

NOTE TO SPAMMERS:
BAD THINGS will happen to any site that sends me email spam.

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Other Countries - other Clipper?

On 30 Jul 1997 19:11:01 GMT, "Estevao Raminhos"

Quote:

>Hi,

>Perhaps you could be more specific as to what exactly doesn't work or what
>error messages you get. Or doesn't the program startup at all? Are there
>any "special" things in your program that you might suspect of...?

>I don't see any reason why your program shouldn't work, unless it has
>something to do with the country=xxx in the CONFIG.SYS file ("stupid"
>suggestion...???)

The sort order can be incorrect in countries where you use extended
ascii character sets.

Quote:
>--
>Estevao Raminhos

>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/2002

>> I am sitting here in Mexico and I worte a prgram in Clipper 5.01 which I
>> sent to some companies in dieferent countries (.exe and .dbf) so that
>they
>> could capture some data and send it back.

>> Now it seems that this program does not work in France and Argentina.
>What
>> could be the problem?

>> --
>> Greetings and thanks for answering,
>> Gerhard

Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Other Countries - other Clipper?

[snip]

Quote:
> The sort order can be incorrect in countries where you use extended
> ascii character sets.

As well as dates representation : DD/MM/YY, MM/DD/YY and so on
(possible if data is captured from plain text files).
Regards, Vladimir

Tue, 18 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Other Countries - other Clipper?

Quote:

> I am sitting here in Mexico and I worte a prgram in Clipper 5.01 which I
> sent to some companies in dieferent countries (.exe and .dbf) so that they
> could capture some data and send it back.

> Now it seems that this program does not work in France and Argentina. What
> could be the problem?

CLipper 5.01 has a bug with DOS 6
Maybe the people in France and Argentina use DOS 6 or above. In that
case they have to set NOVCPI if they don't use EMS.

That means
config.sys:
device=emm386.exe noems novcpi
...                     ^^^^^^

Regards, Harald

Wed, 26 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Other Countries - other Clipper?

Quote:

> > I am sitting here in Mexico and I worte a prgram in Clipper 5.01
> which I
> > sent to some companies in dieferent countries (.exe and .dbf) so
> that they
> > could capture some data and send it back.

> > Now it seems that this program does not work in France and
> Argentina. What
> > could be the problem?

> CLipper 5.01 has a bug with DOS 6
> Maybe the people in France and Argentina use DOS 6 or above. In that
> case they have to set NOVCPI if they don't use EMS.

> That means
> config.sys:
> device=emm386.exe noems novcpi
> ...                     ^^^^^^

> Regards, Harald

Hi Harald,

Yikes, and what exactly is this bug ?? We're using several Clipper (5.x)
programs in a DOS 6.x (.2 I'd guess) environment and indeed do have had
some 'spooky' events. [corrupt indexes, corrupt databases, sharing
violations (though someone told me this was a Lantastic problem) and
some other things that only seem to show up once]

Greetings from Belgium, Roby.

Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Other Countries - other Clipper?

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 10:56:04 +0200, Roby Van Hoye

Quote:

>> > I am sitting here in Mexico and I worte a prgram in Clipper 5.01
>> which I
>> > sent to some companies in dieferent countries (.exe and .dbf) so
>> that they could capture some data and send it back.
>> > Now it seems that this program does not work in France and
>> > Argentina. What could be the problem?
>> CLipper 5.01 has a bug with DOS 6
>> Maybe the people in France and Argentina use DOS 6 or above. In that
>> case they have to set NOVCPI if they don't use EMS.
>> That means
>> config.sys:
>> device=emm386.exe noems novcpi
>> ...                     ^^^^^^
>Hi Harald,
>Yikes, and what exactly is this bug ?? We're using several Clipper (5.x)
>programs in a DOS 6.x (.2 I'd guess) environment and indeed do have had
>some 'spooky' events. [corrupt indexes, corrupt databases, sharing
>violations (though someone told me this was a Lantastic problem) and
>some other things that only seem to show up once]

Go to my www site and download emm501.zip.

The problem and the solution is clearly explained.

---

             WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
        FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. meeting others through personal ads (advertisement)

2. Book Sale - APL Books and others

3. Stop others from using your computer!!! 3013

4. APL Quote Quad, Vectors and others

5. poolDictionaries and others dictionaries

6. translating ä and others

7. I've tried Smalltalk Express, any others??

8. HOWTO: RB to Access, SQLServer7, DB/2, others...

9. Question about sockets and others

10. Popup calendars and others.

11. Differences between visualworks and others

12. helping others