DBF/NTX error 1035 Lock Error
Author Message
 DBF/NTX error 1035 Lock Error

Help! Having a problem with an application running on a Novell server
(sorry, don't know what version) w/ NT 4.0 workstations. I sometimes get
DBF/NTX error 1035 "Lock error" for no apparent reason. It happens
during file pointer movements (DBSEEK(0) annd DBSKIP(0) in particular).
There are NO lock requests being made at the time! This error is not
documented in the Norton Guide, and I haven't been able to find any
references to it on the 'net. Any ideas???

TIA,
Sean

Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DBF/NTX error 1035 Lock Error

Hi,

Your problem is a lock timeout.

You have too many concurrent locks at one time.

Check to see if the number of locks of your OS is reached.
Check if you don't forget to unlock records of other dbf's.

Peter

Quote:
>Help! Having a problem with an application running on a Novell server
>(sorry, don't know what version) w/ NT 4.0 workstations. I sometimes get
>DBF/NTX error 1035 "Lock error" for no apparent reason. It happens
>during file pointer movements (DBSEEK(0) annd DBSKIP(0) in particular).
>There are NO lock requests being made at the time! This error is not
>documented in the Norton Guide, and I haven't been able to find any
>references to it on the 'net. Any ideas???

>TIA,
>Sean

Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DBF/NTX error 1035 Lock Error

That's just it - the application is NOT issuing/requesting any locks! We're
only talking about moving the file pointer through the database, and haven't
even found the one that we're looking for yet. The command that the program
dies on is a "SKIP" or "SEEK" command, not an RLOCK() or RUNLOCK() command.
That's why it's such a puzzle! Do you have any documentation about the error
"1035"?

Quote:

> Hi,

> Your problem is a lock timeout.

> You have too many concurrent locks at one time.

> Check to see if the number of locks of your OS is reached.
> Check if you don't forget to unlock records of other dbf's.

> Peter

> >Help! Having a problem with an application running on a Novell server
> >(sorry, don't know what version) w/ NT 4.0 workstations. I sometimes get
> >DBF/NTX error 1035 "Lock error" for no apparent reason. It happens
> >during file pointer movements (DBSEEK(0) annd DBSKIP(0) in particular).
> >There are NO lock requests being made at the time! This error is not
> >documented in the Norton Guide, and I haven't been able to find any
> >references to it on the 'net. Any ideas???

> >TIA,
> >Sean

Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DBF/NTX error 1035 Lock Error

The application may not be issuing/requesting record or file locks
explicitly, but every skip/seek/goto (i.e., _every_ record movement request)
locks all the indices internally before actual movement and unlocks them
after movement.

Quote:
>That's just it - the application is NOT issuing/requesting any locks! We're
>only talking about moving the file pointer through the database, and
haven't
>even found the one that we're looking for yet. The command that the program
>dies on is a "SKIP" or "SEEK" command, not an RLOCK() or RUNLOCK() command.
>That's why it's such a puzzle! Do you have any documentation about the
error
>"1035"?
> <snip>

Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DBF/NTX error 1035 Lock Error

Yes, I have. I'm using 5.3 and it contains an explanation for this error. It
not much.

DBFNTX/1035    Record lock timeout

Explanation : The request for a record lock has timed out.

Action : Make sure that the maximum file locks for the OS has not been
exceeded.
This can be caused by using DBRLOCK() and not using DBRUNLOCK()
to release record locks.

By the way, in which environment are you running (DOS, Win 95, ...) ?
Are your DBF's opened in a shared manner ?

Peter

Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. 1035 NTX Lock Error

2. ERROR 1035 LOCK FAILURE - Perplexing problem...

3. Help ! Dbfntx Error 1035 Lock Failure

4. DBFNTX/1035 Lock failure - type lock

5. HARBOUR-project : Error DBF/1001 Open error: Arbeider.dbf

6. RANDOMLY RECEIVING ERROR Corruption detected DBF/NTX

7. Error BASE/2012 Create error: AC01.DBF (DOS Error 32)

8. Error DBFNTX/1035

9. Anybody knows about error DBFNTX 1035?

10. S.O.S. ERROR DBFNTX/1035

11. Error 1035 / Common on NT + Novell ??

12. 1035 and NTX