PageScript/Vouch - Letter writing
Author Message
 PageScript/Vouch - Letter writing

I am having trouble in how to use PS or Vouch with a user created letter
using  Bold and Underlining.

My Clip52 app allows the user to create as many "standard" letters as they
wish.  I use special chars for start/end BOLD and UNDERLINE and convert them
at print-time to the appropriate ESC sequences for a HP Printer. The special
chars can appear ANYWHERE in the letter that the user chooses.

Does anyone have experience with this or have any ideas?

Thanks

Sun, 25 Dec 2005 01:14:29 GMT
 PageScript/Vouch - Letter writing
Pete

Have a look at the Grumpfish library, the notepad does embedded code substitution stuff.
IIRC FBrowse does as well.

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Sun, 25 Dec 2005 07:43:43 GMT
 PageScript/Vouch - Letter writing
Pete

If you use emulation mode, Pagescript uses simulated escape sequences, not
the standard hp ones.
e.g. Bold on is chr(27)+"B" & Bold off is chr(27)+"b"
Have a look in the help file for the appropriate ones for bold underline
etc.
If you substitute those in your document, it should work OK

--
Jon Justin

Quote:
> I am having trouble in how to use PS or Vouch with a user created letter
> using  Bold and Underlining.

> My Clip52 app allows the user to create as many "standard" letters as they
> wish.  I use special chars for start/end BOLD and UNDERLINE and convert
them
> at print-time to the appropriate ESC sequences for a HP Printer. The
special
> chars can appear ANYWHERE in the letter that the user chooses.

> Does anyone have experience with this or have any ideas?

> Thanks

Sun, 25 Dec 2005 09:29:24 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: tk_Brief: GUI for writing letters with LaTeX using g-brief

2. Wish 8.3.2: certain letter combinations are transformed to Chinese letters

3. Print routine delay using Pagescript

4. Pagescript - any good?

5. PageScript 4.0.2.0 available

6. New PageScript Demo available

7. PageScript 2.0 announcement

8. slow printing using abee pagescript

9. Pagescript question

10. New beta version of PageScript

11. PageScript Spool32 error

12. How to uninstall PageScript's DEMO version?