answering news
Author Message
 answering news

Can anyone tell me how I can answer news to someone?
I've installed microsoft outlook.
I see that I must wait a moment and then nothing appears to happen.

What does I do wrong?

Peter

Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 answering news

Quote:
> Can anyone tell me how I can answer news to someone?
> I've installed microsoft outlook.
> I see that I must wait a moment and then nothing appears to happen.
> What does I do wrong?
> Peter

Hi Peter,

Fancy meeting you out here :)

I've installed MS Internet News to see what you could be doing wrong,
and I think I found it.

When you reply to a message you probably use Ctrl-R.
This sends a reply to the author only though, not to the newgroup.
That's why Outlook is started, which shouldn't be needed when replying to
the newsgroup.

In order to send a reply to the newsgroup you should use Ctrl-G.
If that was indeed the problem then this message should show up in the
newsgroup and not go to you as a direct reply.

Take a look in the 'Nieuws' menu of MSIN to see the different hot-keys for
replying.

Back to the reader of my choice again :)

Anne.

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Questions-Questions-Questions-Answers-Answers

2. New local news group on news.totallyobjects.com

3. Imaginary numbers & J: good news/bad news

4. C4-B2 : Got it in the mail - Good News \ Bad News]

5. C4-B2 : Got it in the mail - Good News \ Bad News

6. News Server = news.softvelocity.com

7. OT good news/bad news

8. Constructivist good news/bad news

9. Constructivist good news/bad news

10. Constructivist good news/bad news

11. Big News on the Dylan World News Page!!!

12. Software Wire News / Product News Feed Available