Creating an Shortcut Icon on the Windows Desktop
Author Message
 Creating an Shortcut Icon on the Windows Desktop

I would like to create a shortcut icon on the windows desktop by means
of code included in my application's installation diskette. I tried to
accomplish this by including code to copy a prepared pif file to folders
which I anticpated would contain the existing desktop icons. However,
the parent folders dont appear to be the same from system to system,
therfore this approach was unsuccesful..

I would appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Tue, 31 May 2005 02:14:57 GMT
 Creating an Shortcut Icon on the Windows Desktop
Eugene

Which installer are you using??
Wise and InstallBuilder (both commercial) can do this easily.

You might look at InnoSetup as it's free - http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Tue, 31 May 2005 10:19:43 GMT

1. Creating a desktop shortcut

2. Create ShortCut on Desktop

3. Creating desktop shortcuts: the answer

4. Create Desktop Shortcut

5. Creating a shortcut on the desktop

6. API for creating a shortcut on desktop?

7. Windows desktop shortcut using Installjammer doesnot work

8. New desktop shortcut and window display at windows startup

9. Tcom usage - creating program icon/shortcut?

10. Help: VX-REXX-- creating icons on the desktop in OS/2

11. shortcuts / icons / program groups on windows?

12. desktop icons in Windows disappear