Migrate from clipper to windows? 
Author Message
 Migrate from clipper to windows?

Is there a good migratation path from a clipper application to
windows?  I'm looking primarily at taking a clipper application and
porting it to Java, or WIN32 C/C++ would not be bad, though Java is
preferred.

Thanks for any info.



Sun, 09 Oct 2005 00:03:17 GMT  
 Migrate from clipper to windows?
Good luck!
Sergio


Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:56:02 GMT  
 Migrate from clipper to windows?
Brian,

Check this URL, many of us have found it to be the answer.

    www.alaska-software.com

HTH,

    >don<


Quote:
> Is there a good migratation path from a clipper application to
> windows?  I'm looking primarily at taking a clipper application and
> porting it to Java, or WIN32 C/C++ would not be bad, though Java is
> preferred.

> Thanks for any info.



Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:04:22 GMT  
 Migrate from clipper to windows?

Quote:
> Is there a good migratation path from a clipper application to
> windows?  I'm looking primarily at taking a clipper application and
> porting it to Java, or WIN32 C/C++ would not be bad, though Java is
> preferred.

> Thanks for any info.

Hello Brian,

have a look to http://www.cavo.com/solutions/clipper.asp also.
(my preferred)

Markus Feser



Sat, 15 Oct 2005 17:16:06 GMT  
 Migrate from clipper to windows?

"Markus Feser"

Quote:
> though Java is preferred.

Why not php ? Is Java better e-tool than php ?
I just don't know both tools. Need advise.

Regards
Hoe



Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:22:24 GMT  
 Migrate from clipper to windows?
Hi Brian

Quote:
> Is there a good migratation path from a clipper application to
> windows?  I'm looking primarily at taking a clipper application and
> porting it to Java, or WIN32 C/C++ would not be bad, though Java is
> preferred.

I heard that QT is a good solution for C++, but I'm not using it.
http://www.trolltech.com

Best regards and have a nice weekend

Otto



Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:00:43 GMT  
 Migrate from clipper to windows?
Hi Hoe,

Quote:

>"Markus Feser"

>> though Java is preferred.

>Why not php ? Is Java better e-tool than php ?
>I just don't know both tools. Need advise.

From my extremely limited experience with 'webmaster' work, you may
find that some browsers (earlier ones) don't work or don't work 'well'
with Javascript. I have found PHP okay to use, however that said, each
version of PHP (upgrading) may cause you problems (modifying your code
as a result).

Just my one cents worth.

Peter

Peter Richards

 (but use hotmail to email)



Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:31:51 GMT  
 Migrate from clipper to windows?
I just want to ask programers in this group for practice experience :

1. Are you trying to convert your clipper aplication into windows ?

2. With which tool are you working, and are you satisfy with it ?

3. How long and how much code you convert?

4. Other coment


Quote:

> "Markus Feser"

> > though Java is preferred.

> Why not php ? Is Java better e-tool than php ?
> I just don't know both tools. Need advise.

> Regards
> Hoe



Fri, 21 Oct 2005 01:11:21 GMT  
 Migrate from clipper to windows?

Brian
There  a lot of different ways if you want to convert a clipper
application to windows.
We have convert some of our programs using Xbase++
(www.alaska-software.com). These is the easiest way to convert a clipper
application to windows (terminal mode). We are very happy with it and we
have also partially convert some of them to full GUI. Also
there are other possibilities such as VO 2.6 but then you need to
redesign your app from the start (only the gui), but it will be
fairly easy to convert your application logic. We have tried both of
them and i can say that if we are talking for conversion then
Xbase++ is by far the easiest-faster way. Otherwise if you want to
rewrite the aplication from scratch and keep the application
logic code , then both of them have good and bad points. There are also
other possibilities but almost all of them need totally
rewrite and a LOT MORE time, but if i MUST to choose for a non xbase
dialect i would prefer Borland c++ builder or Delphi.

Regards
Mike Evans

--
Posted via http://dbforums.com



Fri, 21 Oct 2005 02:51:46 GMT  
 Migrate from clipper to windows?
Have you tried MS Visual Foxpro, you can run 80 % of your source code



Quote:

> Brian
> There  a lot of different ways if you want to convert a clipper
> application to windows.
> We have convert some of our programs using Xbase++
> (www.alaska-software.com). These is the easiest way to convert a clipper
> application to windows (terminal mode). We are very happy with it and we
> have also partially convert some of them to full GUI. Also
> there are other possibilities such as VO 2.6 but then you need to
> redesign your app from the start (only the gui), but it will be
> fairly easy to convert your application logic. We have tried both of
> them and i can say that if we are talking for conversion then
> Xbase++ is by far the easiest-faster way. Otherwise if you want to
> rewrite the aplication from scratch and keep the application
> logic code , then both of them have good and bad points. There are also
> other possibilities but almost all of them need totally
> rewrite and a LOT MORE time, but if i MUST to choose for a non xbase
> dialect i would prefer Borland c++ builder or Delphi.

> Regards
> Mike Evans

> --
> Posted via http://dbforums.com



Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:54:22 GMT  
 Migrate from clipper to windows?

Quote:
>>> Hello Brian,
>>> have a look to http://www.cavo.com/solutions/clipper.asp also.
>>> (my preferred)
>>> Markus Feser



Quote:

> "Markus Feser"

> > though Java is preferred.

> Why not php ? Is Java better e-tool than php ?
> I just don't know both tools. Need advise.

> Regards
> Hoe

?????????????
??    JAVA    ??
?????????????


Sat, 22 Oct 2005 00:20:55 GMT  
 
 [ 11 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Migrating DOS/Clipper Apps to Windows/Clipper Apps

2. why never migrate to windows, long life to Clipper

3. migrate array clipper to delphi

4. migrate clipper 5.2 to Win32

5. Need Help in Migrating Clipper Database from Novell to WinNT

6. How to Migrate clipper to linux?

7. I need a software to migrate DBF Clipper to SQL Server

8. Migrate Clipper App to Win95 or DOS

9. Advantages to migrate Summer87,Clipper5.0,Clipper5.2 to Clipper 5.3

10. migrate from clipper to

11. advice wanted (migrating app from PB-dos to Windows)

12. Migrating to Windows?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software