SIx Driver RDD
Author Message
 SIx Driver RDD

Hi Gang,

Just a short note to let you know that, as of July 1st, the SIx Driver has
been taken over by Vista Software ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).  Also part
of the deal were the Apollo and Artemis products, which are also now part of
Vista Software.

The final release of the SIx Driver was produced on October 25th, 1996 and
is an extremely mature and stable version of this product. While this
product is no longer under development, and technical support is no longer
available for it, Vista Software does still make it available for purchase
by those developers who require it for their ongoing CA-Clipper 5.2x
development.

And, since the SIx Driver 3.02 is also fully Y2K-compliant, you can feel
secure when updating your Clipper/SIx projects that your programs will
operate correctly into the new millennium.

The SIx Driver RDD v3.02 for the U.S. release of CA-Clipper 5.2x is only
$249. The SIx Driver RDD v3.02 for the International release of CA-Clipper
5.2x is only $299.

Best regards,

Loren Scott
President/CEO
Vista Software
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver RDD
Hi Loren

For several years i use your excellent  rdd.
Why we can't have a version of Six Driver to clipper 5.3. Some products like
fivewin in some stuff required version 5.3 of clipper.
Can we have a hope .

        Pedro S. Faro

Thu, 07 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver RDD
Hi Pedro,

SuccessWare ceased development of the SIx Driver almost three years ago.
So, at this point, even though we now have control of it, the chances of
renewing the development on that product are extremely slim.

All new development at Vista Software is currently focused in the Windows
market.

Best regards,

Loren Scott
President/CEO
Vista Software

Quote:

>Hi Loren

>For several years i use your excellent  rdd.
>Why we can't have a version of Six Driver to clipper 5.3. Some products
like
>fivewin in some stuff required version 5.3 of clipper.
>Can we have a hope .

>        Pedro S. Faro

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver RDD

Quote:

> All new development at Vista Software is currently focused in the Windows
> market.

So  how about developing a RDD for Alaska's Xbase++ .

Peter Hendriks

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver RDD
On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 03:42:18 GMT, "Loren Scott [Vista Software]"

Quote:

>Hi Pedro,

>SuccessWare ceased development of the SIx Driver almost three years ago.
>So, at this point, even though we now have control of it, the chances of
>renewing the development on that product are extremely slim.

>All new development at Vista Software is currently focused in the Windows
>market.

>Best regards,

>Loren Scott
>President/CEO
>Vista Software

So, how about releasing the source code, so that users can continue to
develop using your product.

That would be a big boon to everyone, and would show your company in a
very favorable light.

If you are not interested in developing it further, the is no reason
not to.
--
Matthew Collins

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver RDD
Take a look at their price list, ever hear about that snowball in H__l?  Its
neck and neck with these guys making the source to Six public access.

Quote:
> On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 03:42:18 GMT, "Loren Scott [Vista Software]"

> >Hi Pedro,

> >SuccessWare ceased development of the SIx Driver almost three years ago.
> >So, at this point, even though we now have control of it, the chances of
> >renewing the development on that product are extremely slim.

> >All new development at Vista Software is currently focused in the Windows
> >market.

> >Best regards,

> >Loren Scott
> >President/CEO
> >Vista Software

> So, how about releasing the source code, so that users can continue to
> develop using your product.

> That would be a big boon to everyone, and would show your company in a
> very favorable light.

> If you are not interested in developing it further, the is no reason
> not to.
> --
> Matthew Collins

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver RDD

> So, how about releasing the source code, so that users can continue to
> develop using your product.

> That would be a big boon to everyone, and would show your company in a
> very favorable light.

> If you are not interested in developing it further, the is no reason
> not to

I agree!!

Best regards,

Patrick Mast
www.PatrickMast.com

Sun, 10 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver RDD
Hi Peter,

Quote:
>So  how about developing a RDD for Alaska's Xbase++ .

That is something we are considering.

Best regards,

Loren Scott
President/CEO
Vista Software

Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver RDD
Hi Matthew,

Quote:
>So, how about releasing the source code, so that users can continue to
>develop using your product.

We do still sell a good number of SIx Drivers, even today.  Mostly to people
upgrading older Clipper projects due to Y2K issues.

Also, the Windows code set for SDE (used by Apollo and Artemis) is based on
a lot of the same core code used in the SIx Driver.  So, making the SIx
Driver code public would be just like making a good chunk of our current
Windows code set public.

Furthermore, we are currently looking into other potential markets for this
core technology, such as Xbase++ and perhaps even Harbour.

In short... the code itself is still of value.  Sorry.

Best regards,

Loren Scott
President/CEO
Vista Software

Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver RDD
Loren,

Quote:
> Furthermore, we are currently looking into other potential markets for
this
> core technology, such as Xbase++ and perhaps even Harbour.

I know lotsa programmers who are waiting for a SIX driver for Xbase++
I even know programmers who love to have a SIX driver for Harbour!!

So, please, go ahead!

Best regards,

Patrick Mast
www.PatrickMast.com

Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver RDD

Quote:

>Just a short note to let you know that, as of July 1st, the SIx Driver has
>been taken over by Vista Software (http://www.VistaSoftware.com).  Also part
>of the deal were the Apollo and Artemis products, which are also now part of
>Vista Software.

Thanks for the notice, Loren.  Nice product.

Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver RDD
Hi Loren!

How about product XOTW from Luxent? Who is owner right now and any
possibility of new version.

Thanks, Victor

Quote:

> Hi Matthew,

> >So, how about releasing the source code, so that users can continue to
> >develop using your product.

> We do still sell a good number of SIx Drivers, even today.  Mostly to people
> upgrading older Clipper projects due to Y2K issues.

> Also, the Windows code set for SDE (used by Apollo and Artemis) is based on
> a lot of the same core code used in the SIx Driver.  So, making the SIx
> Driver code public would be just like making a good chunk of our current
> Windows code set public.

> Furthermore, we are currently looking into other potential markets for this
> core technology, such as Xbase++ and perhaps even Harbour.

> In short... the code itself is still of value.  Sorry.

> Best regards,

> Loren Scott
> President/CEO
> Vista Software

Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver RDD
Hi Loren,

I use your excellent rdd.

Why we can't have a version of Six Driver to VO 2.5.

Vista Software is "not" currently focused in the Windows market.
Is focused in Delphi/VB market.

VO is a good RAD too.

Best regards,

Paulo Ganns
site : http://www.net-estance.com.br/vo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 SIx Driver RDD
Hi Paulo,

Quote:
>I use your excellent rdd.

>Why we can't have a version of Six Driver to VO 2.5.

We are looking into this already.  If we find the market to be worth the
effort involved, then we will definitely do this.  Please watch the vista
software web site for news on this as it happens (www.VistaSoftwsare.com).

Quote:
>Vista Software is "not" currently focused in the Windows market.
>Is focused in Delphi/VB market.

No.  We _are_ focused at providing data management tools for (primarily)
Windows developers, no matter what their development platform.  In fact, we
currently have an OLE DB data-source solution under development that would
allow our Artemis database engine to connect to data-aware controls in all
languages that support the use of OLE DB data-source, as most currently do.

Quote:
>VO is a good RAD too.

I'm sure that it is.

Best regards,

Loren Scott
President/CEO
Vista Software
http://www.VistaSoftware.com

Wed, 13 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. wanted: DOS Clipper 5.2 SIX-RDD-driver (or serial)

2. hiper-six rdd driver

3. Six RDD driver lastest version

4. RDD drivers - Six / Comit

5. RDD Drivers - Six/Comit

6. Six RDD 3.02 o COMIX RDD 3.09

7. comix rdd or six rdd for Flagship

8. ODBC driver for Successware Six Driver

9. Rlocking on SIX RDD Clipper database with Visual Basic ADO fails

10. SIx RDD Lib

11. Six RDD

12. Comix -or- Six RDD??