CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450
Author Message
 CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450

Since upgrading to a pentium 450, my CLD de{*filter*} won't work (clipper 5.2e)

I have linked in __wait_b.obj. I have compiled with /b as always.

When I invoke
    CLD myprog.exe
it runs the program but will not bringup the de{*filter*} screen.

Anyone who can help me out?

Keith

Wed, 14 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450
On Sat, 26 Feb 2000 21:03:56 +0700, "Keith Sorbo"

Quote:

>Since upgrading to a pentium 450, my CLD de{*filter*} won't work (clipper 5.2e)

>I have linked in __wait_b.obj. I have compiled with /b as always.

>When I invoke
>    CLD myprog.exe
>it runs the program but will not bringup the de{*filter*} screen.

>Anyone who can help me out?

You have a Symantec product installed? It's a known CLD killer. Maybe
Norton Antivirus?

Anyway, the way around it is to link CLD.LIB into your executable.

Remember to use FILE and not LIB...

FILE CLD.LIB (in your link script)

--

        Oasis WWW   http://www.*-*-*.com/
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

      Reality is the leading cause of stress
       among those who are in touch with it.

Wed, 14 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450
Probably Your memory exhausted.
Increase You base memory for aplication available in DOS-Box/DOS-Session.

Regards
Ryszard

Keith Sorbo napisa3(a) w wiadomo?ci: ...

Quote:
>Since upgrading to a pentium 450, my CLD de{*filter*} won't work (clipper 5.2e)

>I have linked in __wait_b.obj. I have compiled with /b as always.

>When I invoke
>    CLD myprog.exe
>it runs the program but will not bringup the de{*filter*} screen.

>Anyone who can help me out?

>Keith

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450

Quote:
>You have a Symantec product installed? It's a known CLD killer. Maybe
>Norton Antivirus?

I haven't been able to get CLD to run since WIN95 on a P1-166, whether
NC is running or not. Same thing runs ok from  486-66 either DOS or
WIN3.11, except for running out of mem, o'course.

Quote:
>Anyway, the way around it is to link CLD.LIB into your executable.

I usually use Causeway for bigger apps due to mem problems with
Blinker'ed - does CLD run w/ C-way?

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450
Luci

Quote:
> I usually use Causeway for bigger apps due to mem problems with
> Blinker'ed - does CLD run w/ C-way?

Yes (at least it did when I used to use Causeway).
Try it and find out.

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

Quote:

> >You have a Symantec product installed? It's a known CLD killer. Maybe
> >Norton Antivirus?

> I haven't been able to get CLD to run since WIN95 on a P1-166, whether
> NC is running or not. Same thing runs ok from  486-66 either DOS or
> WIN3.11, except for running out of mem, o'course.

> >Anyway, the way around it is to link CLD.LIB into your executable.

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450
On Wed, 8 Mar 2000 15:40:14 +1100, "Stephen Quinn"

Quote:

> when I used to use Causeway).

Why'd you stop?

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450
On Wed, 8 Mar 2000 15:40:14 +1100, "Stephen Quinn"

Quote:

>Luci

>> I usually use Causeway for bigger apps due to mem problems with
>> Blinker'ed - does CLD run w/ C-way?

>Yes (at least it did when I used to use Causeway).

Thanks.

Quote:
>Try it and find out.

I plan to... The reason I asked is that I'm visiting someone (I'm not
Luci - I'm using her computer) and was just browsing c.l.c. and
thought I'd see if there was a quick respone. If some folks had
responded negatively I'd probably back-burner it instead. I had a
problem the other day I REALLY could have used CLD with, checking out
a weird behavior in the Smart Barcode Lookup feaure of the Point of
Sale module of StoreMaster, but the Windoze machines won't run it, and
the DOS machines don't have enough memory to get far enough into it to
be worthwhile.

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450
Luci (in disguise)

I mis-read your message re: CLD, I meant linking in CLD.lib not the command
line CLD.EXE (not sure if it will work with any extended mode program)

Found Blinker gave me less (like 0) problems on some test machines.

--
HTH
Steve Quinn
How come wrong numbers are never busy?
Does that screwdriver belong to Phillip?
Can a stupid person be a smart-ass?
Does killing time damage eternity?
Can you buy an entire chess set in a pawn-shop?

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450

on Wed, 8 Mar 2000 18:37:29 +1100:

Quote:
> }Luci (in disguise)
> }
> }I mis-read your message re: CLD, I meant linking in CLD.lib not the command
> }line CLD.EXE (not sure if it will work with any extended mode program)
> }

I tried linking in CLD.LIB - it complained about not finding
CWUSECLD.OBJ, even after I put in FI <path>CWUSECLD.OBJ - I thought
that was a little weird. I had to move that obj file to the same
directory where it was linking, and THEN it found it (or at least quit
complaining). Running the program did in fact pull up the debig
window, but pressing any ALT-key - for instance, you want to set a
watchpoint - crashed it with a GPF in the vicinity of a call to
PAD()... got my doubts about this one, but I'll try with Blinker. I
think I'm still using 3.20, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks again.

Quote:
> }Found Blinker gave me less (like 0) problems on some test machines.

The answer to your question is, "Yes, we can." The problem is,
you're asking the wrong question. You need to be asking "How
long will it take, and how much will it cost?"

Build a ladder to the Moon? You better believe it. Now, ask
the right questions.

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450

Quote:

> I usually use Causeway for bigger apps due to mem problems with
> Blinker'ed - does CLD run w/ C-way?

Yes, but I've had some problems where the application will generate a GPF
when the de{*filter*} is first invoked. What usually clears that up is doing a
recompile of all PRG modules using the /B compiler option.
--
David G. Holm

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450
I recieved this info when I had a similar problem..

It is a symantec thing

hope it helps

Doug

If you don't want to restart your computer in DOS mode each time
you need the de{*filter*}, do as follows:

- Open the registry with C:\WINDOWS\REGEDIT.EXE
- Go to the menu EDIT, and click SEARCH and search for
"SYMEVNT.386"(without quotes)
- Delete every call to this module. Delete the whole key. It must
appears 2 or 3 times. Delete all of them
- Simply restart your computer... et voil!!

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CLD debugger won't work on Pentium 450
I am using different Symantec products and also CLD.Lib.

To do so, you must

1. Compile all PRG (which you want to debug) with /B -switch.

2. Add the line

      altd()

   to your start program (the program which is executed first),
   if you want to call up the de{*filter*} at program start.

3. Link your program in the following way:

      rtlink file prog1,prog2,cld.lib,__wait lib clipper

   It is important, that the cld.lib is linked as OBJ-File, not as LIB.
   __wait.obj solves the problem with faster pentium machines and the
   Clipper Tools.

4. Run your program. If you added altd(), then the de{*filter*} shows up,
   otherwise you can call him with ALD-D.

I hope, this will help other clipper users.

Stefan Neuhauser

'Clipper is not dead, it only smells funny' (Frank Zappa)

Luci Grace schrieb:

Quote:

> >You have a Symantec product installed? It's a known CLD killer. Maybe
> >Norton Antivirus?

> I haven't been able to get CLD to run since WIN95 on a P1-166, whether
> NC is running or not. Same thing runs ok from  486-66 either DOS or
> WIN3.11, except for running out of mem, o'course.

> >Anyway, the way around it is to link CLD.LIB into your executable.

> I usually use Causeway for bigger apps due to mem problems with
> Blinker'ed - does CLD run w/ C-way?

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. CLD debugger not working under Win95

2. debugger won't work (5.3a)

3. CLD Debugger QUIT working!

4. Clipper debugger 5.2e won't work with Win95

5. Debugger (CLD) and Windows '95

6. Clipper 5.3b and Pentium III - Won't run on new CPU's

7. CLD Split-Screen with Prot.Mode doesn'nt work

8. CLD doesn't work for me anymore :(

9. Image viewing program won't work on Win NT

10. Setting CLipper Debugger to work on a Win 95 machine

11. Pentium III Chips Released with IDs - Intel won't budge

12. Pentium III Chips Released with IDs - Intel won't budge