ERROR TERM/0 Print error (COM1)
Author Message
 ERROR TERM/0 Print error (COM1)

WINXP / Clipper 5.3 / Tools3 /Exospace EPSON TM88ii ticketprinter =>
COM1

Our clipper application gives a classic print command to COM1 port
=> Epson TM88ii ticketprinter. For years it was working perfectly!
It doesn't work since newer computers & operating systems WIN98 /
WINme /WINXP

ERROR TERM/0 Print error is produced.

C:\> DIR > COM1 is OK via WINDOWS is OK Also an application via
  Xbase++ is OK

How to solve ???

By the way... With operating systems WIN98 / WINme I could solve the
problem by reserving COM1 (source) in Windows. However in WINXP it isn't
possible anymore!

Wim

Thu, 05 Aug 2004 02:15:40 GMT
 ERROR TERM/0 Print error (COM1)
Wim,

Quote:
>Our clipper application gives a classic print command to COM1 port
>=> Epson TM88ii ticketprinter. For years it was working perfectly!
>It doesn't work since newer computers & operating systems WIN98 /
>WINme /WINXP

>ERROR TERM/0 Print error is produced.

In Win98, there are a couple of things you can do. First, in
system.ini, add Com1AutoAssign=2 in the [386enh] section. If that
doesn't help, check the settings for power management. Turn it off
completely both in the CMOS setup and in Control Panel. There is also
a setting in the registry which did the trick when everything else
failed for me.

Find the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SYSTEM\
CURRENTCONTROLSET\
SERVICES\
VXD\
VCOMM

In that key there is an entry called "Power Management" (or something
very close to that). The data is a hex string with a value of
"01 00 00 00". Edit that hex string and change it to "00 00 00 00". Be
very careful not to alter the length of the hex string. The editor can
be a bit confusing the first few times you use it. Better cancel and
start over if it does things you didn't expect. Then restart the
machine, and the port should be accessible.

The usual warning: Incorrectly editing the registry may cause
corruption, so be sure to make a backup before you start.

That's Win98. I would expect WinMe to work in a similar manner, but I
haven't tried it in that environment. And I haven't used XP at all so
far. But in both cases I would expect that having power management
active could cause the kind of problems you are seeing. So try turning
it off. Don't forget the CMOS setup!

HTH,
Klas

-------
klas dot engwall at engwall dot com

Thu, 05 Aug 2004 09:54:35 GMT
 ERROR TERM/0 Print error (COM1)
With our Clipper application (DOS), we could solve the problem after a
long period of cut and try. I had to build in some time delays in the
initialisation routines of the COM port. Now everthing runs smootly in
WIN98 2nd / WINme and WINXP

Wim

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 07:56:45 GMT
 ERROR TERM/0 Print error (COM1)

Quote:
>With our Clipper application (DOS), we could solve the problem after a
>long period of cut and try. I had to build in some time delays in the
>initialisation routines of the COM port. Now everthing runs smootly in
>WIN98 2nd / WINme and WINXP

>Wim

Good morning Wim,

Would you like to indicate how much delay was needed and at what
stages of the initialisation and use of the COM port? I use Telepathy.
What do you use?

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
Melbourne Australia

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:18:48 GMT
 ERROR TERM/0 Print error (COM1)
Hi, I send you two diffrent routines (part op *.PRG file)

First example:
---------------
The first is the initialisation of a balance: I had to add INKEY(0.2)

FUNCTION INITTOLEDO

IF ! COM_OPEN(UWEE,300,300,.T.) INKEY(0.2) ENDIF

IF ! COM_INIT(UWEE,9600,"E",7,2) &&9400 vroeger OK *Q_NOTA("Fout
com-init") ENDIF

COM_SOFT(UWEE,.F.)

COM_HARD(UWEE,.F.)

RETURN

Second example:
-------------------
This is a printroutine for a printjob via EPSON TM88ii ticketprinter!
Here I had to add:

COM_OPEN(VAL(RIGHT(DEPOORT,1)),300,300,.T.)
COM_INIT(VAL(RIGHT(DEPOORT,1)),9600,"N",8,1)

Why, I don't know! Because on older computers everthing was OK! By
adding these two functions also in that case the problem was solved!

IF "LPT" $ UPPER(DEPOORT) IF "1" $ DEPOORT IF ISPRINTER()
PRINTERKLAAR=.T. ENDIF ELSE IF PRINTREADY(VAL(RIGHT(DEPOORT,1))) &&2 +3
PRINTERKLAAR=.T. ENDIF ENDIF ELSE &&COM HEEFT GEEN CONTROL

        IF "C4" $ USUP COM_OPEN(VAL(RIGHT(DEPOORT,1)),300,300,.T.)
        COM_INIT(VAL(RIGHT(DEPOORT,1)),9600,"N",8,1) ENDIF

        PRINTERKLAAR=.T.

ENDIF

Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:18:18 GMT

1. Error TERM / 0 Print error

2. Error TERM / 0 Print error

3. Error Term/0 Print error - - - - - - Who can Help.

4. Abort printing at Term 0 error

5. Print term error

6. Term Error printing on COM x in WinNT Wks

7. Term/0 Print error

8. DOS Error 3, TERM/2014 Create error: LPT2.PRN

9. I start to get error 37 when using COM1 from an executable which worked ok

10. Get an error writing to COM1 in Rexx on PC DOS 2000 with default interpreter

11. Error BASE/2012 Create error: AC01.DBF (DOS Error 32)

12. Error DBFCDX/1011 Write Error DOS ERROR 6