Clipper 5.2e and SIx Driver v3.00
Author Message
 Clipper 5.2e and SIx Driver v3.00

I am using Clipper 5.2e, Blinker 3.10 and SIx Driver v3.00 ( using SIXNSX
RDD ) on a Novel 5 server.  The clients are Win 95 with running Novell
Client 32 3.x.  Occassionally the users will appear to lock up when
navagating a common database (ie dbSkip(), dbSeek(), dbGoto() ).   I have
the users Alt-C to so an error is genereated resulting in an error which is
always like "Cancelled at: DBGOTOP (0)".   Once all users are out, they can
return to the program and may not have anther problem several weeks.   Has
anybody else experience a similar probelm or have a possible solution?

Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e and SIx Driver v3.00
On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:34:05 -0500, "mimcdonald"

Quote:

>I am using Clipper 5.2e, Blinker 3.10 and SIx Driver v3.00 ( using SIXNSX
>RDD ) on a Novel 5 server.  The clients are Win 95 with running Novell
>Client 32 3.x.  Occassionally the users will appear to lock up when
>navagating a common database (ie dbSkip(), dbSeek(), dbGoto() ).   I have
>the users Alt-C to so an error is genereated resulting in an error which is
>always like "Cancelled at: DBGOTOP (0)".   Once all users are out, they can
>return to the program and may not have anther problem several weeks.   Has
>anybody else experience a similar probelm or have a possible solution?

Regardless of whether it fixes the problem or not, you should upgrade
Blinker to 3.3. It's free and fixes a bunch of stuff.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.the-oasis.net
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

      Reality is the leading cause of stress
       among those who are in touch with it.

Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e and SIx Driver v3.00
Maybe
Have you ever seen an error such as 'Lock Failure'. How many concurrent
users are there
Roger Harris

Quote:
> I am using Clipper 5.2e, Blinker 3.10 and SIx Driver v3.00 ( using SIXNSX
> RDD ) on a Novel 5 server.  The clients are Win 95 with running Novell
> Client 32 3.x.  Occassionally the users will appear to lock up when
> navagating a common database (ie dbSkip(), dbSeek(), dbGoto() ).   I have
> the users Alt-C to so an error is genereated resulting in an error which
is
> always like "Cancelled at: DBGOTOP (0)".   Once all users are out, they
can
> return to the program and may not have anther problem several weeks.   Has
> anybody else experience a similar probelm or have a possible solution?

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e and SIx Driver v3.00
No error, other than the Alt-C, is ever generated.  Occassionally, when the
right user exits, it frees up the table and process continues for the
remianing users.  On the two locations we have this problem, there are
approximated 12 users at any one time accessing the data from a single
program.

Quote:
> Maybe
> Have you ever seen an error such as 'Lock Failure'. How many concurrent
> users are there
> Roger Harris

> > I am using Clipper 5.2e, Blinker 3.10 and SIx Driver v3.00 ( using
SIXNSX
> > RDD ) on a Novel 5 server.  The clients are Win 95 with running Novell
> > Client 32 3.x.  Occassionally the users will appear to lock up when
> > navagating a common database (ie dbSkip(), dbSeek(), dbGoto() ).   I
have
> > the users Alt-C to so an error is genereated resulting in an error which
> is
> > always like "Cancelled at: DBGOTOP (0)".   Once all users are out, they
> can
> > return to the program and may not have anther problem several weeks.
Has
> > anybody else experience a similar probelm or have a possible solution?

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. SIX 3.00.01 to SIX 3.02

2. Vern Six's V6.00 Clipper Libraries

3. Vern Six's V6.00 Clipper Library

4. DGSCAN v3.00 - DGROUP Scanner For Clipper Oriented Code

5. ADS 5.0 Demo, Clipper 5.2e + Loadstone COMIX 3.00.07

6. SIx v3 and Clipper 5.3 coming!

7. I need RDD HiPer-SIx v1.1 o great for Clipper 5.2e

8. Comix - "v3.00.01 (Comix/5.2)"

9. ANNOUNCE: Z88 CamelForth v3.00