Clipper 5.3b/Win2000 mouse causes GPF.
Author Message
 Clipper 5.3b/Win2000 mouse causes GPF.

I have a large Clipper 5.3b accounting program using GUI controls
640X480 and a mouse (llibg). The program is installed on a Windows NT
4.0 server and when accessed via a Windows 2000 workstation the mouse
caused a GPF. I re-wrote the code to selectively disable the use of
the mouse and this stopped the GPF using the W2K workstations.
However, operating a GUI program without a mouse is difficult.

How can I change the Clipper (llibg) mouse driver to be compatible
with Windows 2000?

Thanks and regards,

David Tracy

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 07:18:24 GMT
 Clipper 5.3b/Win2000 mouse causes GPF.
Hi David,
Maybe you won't have to change the mouse driver.  If you did a google search
in this ng for mouse, I bet you would see a couple of year's worth of posts
about the subject.  In short, get Blinker 6.0 and re-link with that instead
of whatever linker you are currently using.  That stops the mouse GPFs for
Win2K.  I understand from reading other posts that the bug came back in
WinXP so don't use WinXP with the mouse library.  Hopefully, a future
version of Blinker will overcome the WinXP problems.  I encourage you to do
that google search because there may be come details that I am leaving out.
Best of luck.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Bill

Quote:
> I have a large Clipper 5.3b accounting program using GUI controls
> 640X480 and a mouse (llibg). The program is installed on a Windows NT
> 4.0 server and when accessed via a Windows 2000 workstation the mouse
> caused a GPF. I re-wrote the code to selectively disable the use of
> the mouse and this stopped the GPF using the W2K workstations.
> However, operating a GUI program without a mouse is difficult.

> How can I change the Clipper (llibg) mouse driver to be compatible
> with Windows 2000?

> Thanks and regards,

> David Tracy

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:06:21 GMT

1. Mouse GPF Win2000 How does it go wrong

2. GPF w/ Clipper 5.3b and Blinker 5.1

3. Getting GPF in XP even with Blinker 6.0/Clipper 5.3b

4. clipper 5.3b + blinker + tables with memo fields ( GPF )

5. Help needed: Clipper 5.3b GPF with DBFCDX

6. Clipper 5.3B Exospace/GPF SOLUTION

7. GPF Clipper 5.3b/Exospace HEEEEELP

8. Clipper 5.3/5.3b ntvdm.exe GPF during PACK on NT WS 4.0

9. GPF's and Clipper 5.3b

10. gpf in 5.3b != gpf in 5.3a

11. Clipper 5.3x and Templates causing GPF

12. Clipper...Clipper...Clipper - 5.3b Patch