Rlocking on SIX RDD Clipper database with Visual Basic ADO fails
Author Message
 Rlocking on SIX RDD Clipper database with Visual Basic ADO fails

Hi,

We have an Clipper5.2e application with Six2 CDX RDD. The Clipper App as
well as a new Visual Basic 5 Application using ADO connection should update
the same databases and recognize file/record locking. In the VB app we use
connection similar to Foxpro databases.

The problem is that either of the application recognizes the record locking.
The Clipper app uses Clipper RLOCK() and Visual Basic app adLockPessimistic
(no difference if using adLockOptimistic however).

Thanks!
H?kan Bj?rkstr?m

Mon, 05 Apr 2004 18:49:28 GMT
 Rlocking on SIX RDD Clipper database with Visual Basic ADO fails
The only combination I've ever seen that actually worked was SIx for Clipper
and Artemis for VB.  Both were produces by Successware now produced by Vista
Software.  Artemis is now integrated into their Apollo product line.

http://www.vistasoftware.com

Quote:
> Hi,

> We have an Clipper5.2e application with Six2 CDX RDD. The Clipper App as
> well as a new Visual Basic 5 Application using ADO connection should
update
> the same databases and recognize file/record locking. In the VB app we use
> connection similar to Foxpro databases.

> The problem is that either of the application recognizes the record
locking.
> The Clipper app uses Clipper RLOCK() and Visual Basic app
adLockPessimistic
> (no difference if using adLockOptimistic however).

> Thanks!
> H?kan Bj?rkstr?m

Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:34:01 GMT

1. Six RDD 3.02 o COMIX RDD 3.09

2. comix rdd or six rdd for Flagship

3. wanted: DOS Clipper 5.2 SIX-RDD-driver (or serial)

4. I need RDD HiPer-SIx v1.1 o great for Clipper 5.2e

5. Visual Foxpro DBC RDD for Clipper 5.2e

6. Access a Clarion database from Visual Basic

7. Accessing Clarion Database from Visual Basic

8. Converting a Visual Basic 4 Database

9. Visual Basic accessing Clarion databases

10. Pack or Zap database in Visual Basic

11. SIx Driver RDD