Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)
Author Message
 Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)

Hello

I wanted to know which is best DBF editor for viewing and editing Clipper
based DBF files;

I wanted to use it from windows based system;

Thanks

-Sudhir

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:46:58 GMT
 Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)

Quote:
>Hello

>I wanted to know which is best DBF editor for viewing and editing Clipper
>based DBF files;

>I wanted to use it from windows based system;

dbu.exe ?

---------
TonyL

Sun, 14 Dec 2003 17:50:56 GMT
 Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)
Sudhir

DOS - you get the Clipper source
    - BroPlus             -> http://www.*-*-*.com/

Windows - All written in Visual Objects
    - DBAdministrator -> http://www.*-*-*.com/
    - dbAssist 2000    -> http://www.{*filter*}crow.net.au/s_burak
    - epDBU              -> http://www.*-*-*.com/
    - VOdbx32           -> http://www.*-*-*.com/
    - cmVOdbx32       -> http://www.*-*-*.com/

Of the above ones I've used cmVOdbx32 (which has the smallest footprint) is
the best for Windows IMO, but other developers I know say good things about
DBAdministrator and dbAssist.

--
HTH
Steve Quinn

  2. The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  3. A journey of a thousand sites begins with a single click.
  4. You can't teach a new mouse old clicks.
  5. Great groups from little icons grow.

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:53:19 GMT
 Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)
I like Approach from Lotus (IBM).  You can use Excel to view, but don't
update in Excel.

Mike

Quote:
> Hello

> I wanted to know which is best DBF editor for viewing and editing Clipper
> based DBF files;

> I wanted to use it from windows based system;

> Thanks

> -Sudhir

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:58:32 GMT
 Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)
You can also download Data Architect from http://www.advantagedatabase.com
It is free an allows you to run SQL on your tables.

Jamie

Quote:
> Hello

> I wanted to know which is best DBF editor for viewing and editing Clipper
> based DBF files;

> I wanted to use it from windows based system;

> Thanks

> -Sudhir

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:50:22 GMT
 Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)

Quote:
> I like Approach from Lotus (IBM).  You can use Excel to view, but don't
> update in Excel.

Ugh... Tell me about it!  I had to fix one yesterday that somebody screwed
up with Excel.  Dates with slashes, memos lost... It was ugly.

--
Ray Marron

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 00:15:36 GMT
 Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)
Try dBAdministrator, an evaluation version is available...
www.alt128.co.uk

Ed

Quote:
> Hello

> I wanted to know which is best DBF editor for viewing and editing Clipper
> based DBF files;

> I wanted to use it from windows based system;

> Thanks

> -Sudhir

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:05:36 GMT
 Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)
Yea, I had one saved to a .dbf but it was in Excel format and totally ruined
it.

Mike

Quote:

> > I like Approach from Lotus (IBM).  You can use Excel to view, but don't
> > update in Excel.

> Ugh... Tell me about it!  I had to fix one yesterday that somebody screwed
> up with Excel.  Dates with slashes, memos lost... It was ugly.

> --
> Ray Marron

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 02:14:49 GMT
 Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)
"Bro" is the best.
Ragards, Victor

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:02:28 GMT
 Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)
I use:
- Dbase III Plus in a window on a Pentium 75
- Visual dBase 5.5 on a Pentium 866 - dBase was given away free on a UK
magazine CD in December 1997
- any version of Microsoft Access provided I don't want to alter the
structure
- dbu in a Window if I can't get to any of the above

Regards,
Garth Williams,
Worcester, UK.

Quote:
> "Bro" is the best.
> Ragards, Victor

Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:48:02 GMT

1. Help - Clipper 5 DBF files not recognised by other applications - Job_divn.dbf (0/1)

2. Help - Clipper 5 DBF files not recognised by other applications - Job_divn.dbf (1/1)

3. DBU DBF FILE nad FOXPRO 2.6A dbf file

4. Best utility to repair DBF file?

5. HARBOUR-project : Error DBF/1001 Open error: Arbeider.dbf

6. dbf/ntx to dbf/idx converter

7. Old clipper dbf file

8. CW15 and Clipper DBF files

9. HELP ! Clipper DBF file header Corruption

10. How to crypt DBF files from Clipper?

11. dbf files indexed with clipper and access97

12. vc++ and clipper indexed files of dbf