How do I read/write serial port?
Author Message
 How do I read/write serial port?

I'm trying to communicate with the serial port and I understand that I can do
so with the File I/O commands.  What do I call the "file"?  I have a serial
device that accepts commands via the serial port and returns values.  So I need
to be able to send a command (characters) to the port and read the results.
Any help?
Thanks.

Bob Jones
Omni Developments, Inc. --- (Custom Software Development)

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I read/write serial port?

Quote:
>I'm trying to communicate with the serial port and I understand that I can do
>so with the File I/O commands.  What do I call the "file"?  I have a serial
>device that accepts commands via the serial port and returns values.  So I need
>to be able to send a command (characters) to the port and read the results.
>Any help?
>Thanks.

>Bob Jones
>Omni Developments, Inc. --- (Custom Software Development)

Hello Bob,

Telepathy from Extrasensory Software make the best serial library for
Clipper...but it is commercial. A free product that will probably
solve your modest needs is called CLIOLIB2.zip and is available on
Phil Barnett's OASIS website.

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
(affordable source recovery available)
www.irvis.nl

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. writing/reading from serial port

2. Reading and writing individual bits on the serial port

3. Reading/writing to serial port w/ VISA in Labview

4. Read/Write to serial port?

5. READ/WRITE serial Port MF 3.4

6. Using TK to read/write to serial port, allowing stdout display and TK GUI control

7. Serial port read/write

8. read/write serial port -- again ...

9. writing in binary to a serial port

10. Serial Port Writing with CDD 3 DOS

11. Writing bytes out of Serial Port

12. During serial port communication (writing/transmission) is...