Dos error 55 solved
Author Message
 Dos error 55 solved

DOS ERROR 55
-----
HISTORY:
In an existing application (CLIPPER 5.2 latest update and BLINKER 3.2 ) we
had no problems working under DOS 6.22 with novell lite.

Then we migrated to Windows 95 in a separate segment and used the windows
95 networking facilities, Also an NT network is involved in this network but
in another workgroup.

We then started to get the following error every now and then
 DBFNTX/1010
  -  code 23 READ ERROR
  - DOS error 55 ACCESS DENIED

SOLUTION:
-----
After reviewing all the related newgroups and the internet we did the
following
according to the promises they made for a solution:

1) bought Blinker 5:      NO RESULT
   after linking all the different programs
   (8 !) the error 55 showed up as usual
   DOS ERROR 55 kept on coming....

2) changed/added the lines in the WINDOWS-registry:  NO RESULT
   according to the next thread (VrDr2upd.exe):

" http://www.*-*-*.com/
SD=SO&T1=&FR=1&DU=C&Sz=vrdrupd.exe&O=Vrdrupd.exe "

   Disable Opportunistic Locking
   according to the next threads:
  " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;
  " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;
   DOS ERROR 55 kept on coming....

3) changed some lines in the PROTOCOL.INI :   OK !!!

   The next changes in c:\windows\protocol.ini finally brought the relief:
   The DOS ERROR 55 never showed up again

   [MS$NETBEUI]
   NETBIOSRETRIES=4
   NETBIOSTIMEOUT=1500

   DOS ERROR 55 never showed up anymore (3 weeks now )....
------
We do NOT know if any other order would have solved the problem.
I personally think, bying BLINKER 5 is NOT necessary.
  (never read that this solved the problem also)

I hope this will help to solve the problem....
Now, we are changing to Visual Objects, reprogramming and recovering from
new problems...

H. Groenewegen

Sat, 04 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Dos error 55 solved

Quote:
>DOS ERROR 55
>-----
>HISTORY:
>In an existing application (CLIPPER 5.2 latest update and BLINKER 3.2 ) we
>had no problems working under DOS 6.22 with novell lite.

>Then we migrated to Windows 95 in a separate segment and used the windows
>95 networking facilities, Also an NT network is involved in this network but
>in another workgroup.

>We then started to get the following error every now and then
> DBFNTX/1010
>  -  code 23 READ ERROR
>  - DOS error 55 ACCESS DENIED

>SOLUTION:
>-----
>After reviewing all the related newgroups and the internet we did the
>following
>according to the promises they made for a solution:

>1) bought Blinker 5:      NO RESULT
>   after linking all the different programs
>   (8 !) the error 55 showed up as usual
>   DOS ERROR 55 kept on coming....

>2) changed/added the lines in the WINDOWS-registry:  NO RESULT
>   according to the next thread (VrDr2upd.exe):

>"http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/search.aspD=Support&A=T&T=B&SG...
>SD=SO&T1=&FR=1&DU=C&Sz=vrdrupd.exe&O=Vrdrupd.exe "

>   Disable Opportunistic Locking
>   according to the next threads:
>  " http://www.cardbox.co.uk/ntserver.htm"
>  " http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q219/0/22.ASP"
>   DOS ERROR 55 kept on coming....

>3) changed some lines in the PROTOCOL.INI :   OK !!!

>   The next changes in c:\windows\protocol.ini finally brought the relief:
>   The DOS ERROR 55 never showed up again

>   [MS$NETBEUI]
>   NETBIOSRETRIES=4
>   NETBIOSTIMEOUT=1500

>   DOS ERROR 55 never showed up anymore (3 weeks now )....
>------
>We do NOT know if any other order would have solved the problem.
>I personally think, bying BLINKER 5 is NOT necessary.
>  (never read that this solved the problem also)

>I hope this will help to solve the problem....
>Now, we are changing to Visual Objects, reprogramming and recovering from
>new problems...

>H. Groenewegen

Thanks for your feedback Herman. I am sure someone will benefit in the
future from your consideration.

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
(affordable source recovery available)
(Fix1900 utility available)
(custom hardware interfaces)
www.irvis.nl

Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Dos error 55 solved
Ross, thank you to let me know that the message is appreciated

herman

Quote:

> Thanks for your feedback Herman. I am sure someone will benefit in the
> future from your consideration.

> Regards,

> Ross McKenzie
> ValuSoft
> (affordable source recovery available)
> (Fix1900 utility available)
> (custom hardware interfaces)
> www.irvis.nl

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Solved DOS ERROR 55

2. One way to solve the DOS 55 error

3. Dos error 55 with dos connection

4. Error DBFNTX/1003 DOS ERROR 55

5. R6003, DOS ERROR 55 and Protected Error 8002

6. DOS ERROR 55 (espa?ol)

7. DOS ERROR 55 (En Espa?ol)

8. DOS ERROR 55 on WIN 95

9. DOS ERROR 55