Clipper 5.2e, Exospace and Win NT 3.51
Author Message
 Clipper 5.2e, Exospace and Win NT 3.51

Help ...

        We currently run a VERY large application using Clipper 5.2e and
linked with Exospace.  It runs fine under DOS. :)  However, since we have
installed Win NT 3.51 we have had massive "LOCK Failure" errors.  This
application runs on a Novell server serving around 550+ users.  The .EXE
borders around 3 MB.  It's huge!  Could our problem lie with the installation
of Win NT?  We have also encountered more corruption in our indices.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas Oatess
United Healthcare Corporation

Tue, 25 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e, Exospace and Win NT 3.51

Quote:

> Help ...

>         We currently run a VERY large application using Clipper 5.2e and
> linked with Exospace.  It runs fine under DOS. :)  However, since we have
> installed Win NT 3.51 we have had massive "LOCK Failure" errors.  This
> application runs on a Novell server serving around 550+ users.  The .EXE
> borders around 3 MB.  It's huge!  Could our problem lie with the installation
> of Win NT?  We have also encountered more corruption in our indices.

> Any help would be most appreciated.

> Thanks,

> Thomas Oatess
> United Healthcare Corporation

Do you have Service Pack #5 installed? It's supposed to have cleaned up
a few more locking problems. Also note several people have reported lock
problems under Windows95 when linked with Exospace that were eliminated
by changing the linker to Blinker.

Ray

Wed, 26 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Clipper 5.2e, Exospace and Win NT 3.51

Quote:

> Help ...

>         We currently run a VERY large application using Clipper 5.2e and
> linked with Exospace.  It runs fine under DOS. :)  However, since we have
> installed Win NT 3.51 we have had massive "LOCK Failure" errors.  This
> application runs on a Novell server serving around 550+ users.  The .EXE
> borders around 3 MB.  It's huge!  Could our problem lie with the installation
> of Win NT?  We have also encountered more corruption in our indices.

Check that every workstation gets the NetBIOS loaded, if not - clipper
is
not able to communicate properly with the server.

And, if you are using WfW 3.11 - There is a BUG in the network client.
This bug occurs when you have over 30-50 open files (indexes included),
downgrade to ver. 2.10 og upgrade to Win '95.

Wed, 26 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Timeslice problems with the good Clipper 5.2e and (Windoof NT 3.51) Citrix Winframe 1.7

2. clipper 5.2e + exospace + win (95) problem

3. apl character set under win nt 3.51 (stsc)

4. WIN NT 3.51 and Ocx's

5. Clarion 2.110 files on Win-NT 3.51 with NTFS

6. CW 1.501 vs. Win NT 3.51

7. Installing Python 1.4 on Win NT 3.51

8. WIN NT 3.51 Scratch File opening problem

9. Problem with installing tcl 7.6 windows kit on Win NT 3.51

10. Tix and BLT on Win NT 3.51?

11. Running CLipper on NT 3.51 and Directory() issues

12. Clipper 5.2d and Windows NT 3.51 API