DBFNTX / 1210 Corruption Detected .... Revisited
Author Message
 DBFNTX / 1210 Corruption Detected .... Revisited

Hello Group

I am going nuts ... I have been having this error come up intermittently for
the past  3 months everyday.
It is affecting only 1 DBF and 1 of its associated index files.
It does not always happen. It will stop for one day and happens for the rest
of the week.
My thoughts are if the program was faulty ... I should be getting the error
all the time ... which does not happen.
If it happens and I re-create the NTX files ... the program works fine for
the rest of the day and then crashes the next day.

Here is my environment :

. Novell Netware server ruuning Netware 5.0 with service pack 6a
. 20 Win95 / 98 machines Pentium II and Pentium III
. 5 DOS 6.22 machines MMX and Cyrix processors.
. Running Novell client 3.1 with SP2 on Win machines and Client 2.7 on DOS
machines.
. I use Blinker 4.10 to create EXE files.

Here is what I have done .... with no luck :

1. Upgarded from Clipper 5.2b to Clipper 5.3b
2. Included RDDSYS.OBJ in my link files to make sure that I am using the
correct index driver.
3. Deleted the problem file and re-created it to ensure that there are no
header problems in the file.
4. Installed vredir.vxd off Microsoft website which was claimed to fix
database corruption in Win95 OSR2.
5. Following Novell's tech. support , replaced Filesys.NLM and NCP.NLM to
fix a bug in Service Pack 6a. that caused lock
errors in database applications.

What really is confusing me , why is it happening only in one specific DBF
and one specific NTX ?
Another question , why is not always happening ? It happens at different
times during the day and happens only once per day.

Any ideas or suggestions ? ... I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks to all.

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:07:31 GMT
 DBFNTX / 1210 Corruption Detected .... Revisited
Sherif ,

Check if there is a FOR or WHILE clause on the INDEX command using any
LOCAL variable. If this is the case, that error might show up only
when you issue a REPLACE on a NUMERIC indexed FIELD, with a NEGATIVE
value. AFAIK, if the REPLACEd value is positive, no error is raised.

Had this problem and solved it with a PRIVATE statement...

Hope this helps.

Antnio Vila-Ch?
Viana do Castelo
Portugal

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:45:00 GMT
 DBFNTX / 1210 Corruption Detected .... Revisited
Antonio,

Thank you for your response.
There is NO FOR or WHILE statement in the Index command.
This code has been running for the past 4-5 years without any major changes.
Besides, if it is something wrong with the code, why would it crash
intermittently ?
Should it not ALWAYS crash. ?

Thanks again.

Quote:
> Sherif ,

> Check if there is a FOR or WHILE clause on the INDEX command using any
> LOCAL variable. If this is the case, that error might show up only
> when you issue a REPLACE on a NUMERIC indexed FIELD, with a NEGATIVE
> value. AFAIK, if the REPLACEd value is positive, no error is raised.

> Had this problem and solved it with a PRIVATE statement...

> Hope this helps.

> Antnio Vila-Ch?
> Viana do Castelo
> Portugal

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:23:47 GMT
 DBFNTX / 1210 Corruption Detected .... Revisited
Sherif,

Are you using #include 'ord.ch'
I had some NTX index problems in 5.3b until I included it.

Ted

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001 01:07:31 -0400, "Sherif Z.Jacoub"

Quote:

>Hello Group

>I am going nuts ... I have been having this error come up intermittently for
>the past  3 months everyday.
>It is affecting only 1 DBF and 1 of its associated index files.
>It does not always happen. It will stop for one day and happens for the rest
>of the week.
>My thoughts are if the program was faulty ... I should be getting the error
>all the time ... which does not happen.
>If it happens and I re-create the NTX files ... the program works fine for
>the rest of the day and then crashes the next day.

>Here is my environment :

>. Novell Netware server ruuning Netware 5.0 with service pack 6a
>. 20 Win95 / 98 machines Pentium II and Pentium III
>. 5 DOS 6.22 machines MMX and Cyrix processors.
>. Running Novell client 3.1 with SP2 on Win machines and Client 2.7 on DOS
>machines.
>. I use Blinker 4.10 to create EXE files.

>Here is what I have done .... with no luck :

>1. Upgarded from Clipper 5.2b to Clipper 5.3b
>2. Included RDDSYS.OBJ in my link files to make sure that I am using the
>correct index driver.
>3. Deleted the problem file and re-created it to ensure that there are no
>header problems in the file.
>4. Installed vredir.vxd off Microsoft website which was claimed to fix
>database corruption in Win95 OSR2.
>5. Following Novell's tech. support , replaced Filesys.NLM and NCP.NLM to
>fix a bug in Service Pack 6a. that caused lock
>errors in database applications.

>What really is confusing me , why is it happening only in one specific DBF
>and one specific NTX ?
>Another question , why is not always happening ? It happens at different
>times during the day and happens only once per day.

>Any ideas or suggestions ? ... I'd really appreciate the help.

>Thanks to all.

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:18:26 GMT
 DBFNTX / 1210 Corruption Detected .... Revisited
Hello Ted ,

No I am not using #include "ord.ch"
What difference does it make ?
Where should I add this line ? I assume that I should add it in the main
program file.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:27:55 GMT
 DBFNTX / 1210 Corruption Detected .... Revisited
Sherif,

I place it in the beginning of the main program.  I was getting
incorrect keys in the index without it, resulting in major
computational errors.  I was instructed by CA that Clipper 5.3 MUST
use #include 'ord.ch' if indexing (NTX).  Since using it, I have been
able to index 13+ million record files correctly.
Good luck.  I hope it helps solve your problem.

Ted

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 06:27:55 -0400, "Sherif Z.Jacoub"

Quote:

>Hello Ted ,

>No I am not using #include "ord.ch"
>What difference does it make ?
>Where should I add this line ? I assume that I should add it in the main
>program file.

>Thanks a lot for your help.

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 04:23:35 GMT
 DBFNTX / 1210 Corruption Detected .... Revisited
Sherif,

Quote:
> This code has been running for the past 4-5 years without any major
changes.
> Besides, if it is something wrong with the code, why would it crash
> intermittently ?

Have you checked your code,  it is not possible update the DBF without an
opened index file ?
 Gejza

Quote:
> Antonio,

> Thank you for your response.
> There is NO FOR or WHILE statement in the Index command.
> This code has been running for the past 4-5 years without any major
changes.
> Besides, if it is something wrong with the code, why would it crash
> intermittently ?
> Should it not ALWAYS crash. ?

> Thanks again.

> > Sherif ,

> > Check if there is a FOR or WHILE clause on the INDEX command using any
> > LOCAL variable. If this is the case, that error might show up only
> > when you issue a REPLACE on a NUMERIC indexed FIELD, with a NEGATIVE
> > value. AFAIK, if the REPLACEd value is positive, no error is raised.

> > Had this problem and solved it with a PRIVATE statement...

> > Hope this helps.

> > Antnio Vila-Ch?
> > Viana do Castelo
> > Portugal

Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:21:36 GMT

1. Error : DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected

2. DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected error

3. DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected - Please Help!

4. Corruption Detected ... DBF/NTX 1012 or DBFNTX /1210

5. Help: DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected

6. dbfntx/1210 Corruption detected

7. Error DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected

8. DBFNTX/1210: corruption detected

9. DBFNTX/1210 corruption detected.

10. Error DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected

11. DBFNTX/1210 Corruption Detected on Windows NT4.0 Workstation

12. Problem Error DBFNTX/1210 Corruption detected