CA-dBFast 2.0D1 / Clipper '87 Memo limit
Author Message
 CA-dBFast 2.0D1 / Clipper '87 Memo limit

I'm writing an application in CA-dBFast for Windows using
Clipper'87 and dbf/dbt/ndx files.

How big can the memo file be.. is there a limit?
Anything else to keep in mind?

Armando

Thu, 30 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 CA-dBFast 2.0D1 / Clipper '87 Memo limit

Quote:
> I'm writing an application in CA-dBFast for Windows using
> Clipper'87 and dbf/dbt/ndx files.
> How big can the memo file be.. is there a limit?
> Anything else to keep in mind?
> Armando

I have never seen a memo file size limit in Summer
'87 _officially_ stated but there is an application at one of my
client's sites (which I have to re-write :-) which loses track of
memo field entries when the .DBT file gets to around the 10-12 MB
size.  I haven't determined whether it is the number of entries
or the size of the file itself which causes this blip, but
information which is appended to this file after the
(non-precise) threshold is exceeded is not stored into the file,
or if it is it cannot be retrieved.  The DOS Time/Datestamp is
updated, so SOMETHING is happening, but whatever it is, the memo
field can't remember.

Hope this helps.

--
Robert Aide - Canadian Computing & Networking

Thu, 06 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper '87 memo limit/CA-dBFast 2.0D1 more information

2. CA-dBFast 2.0D1 / Clipper

3. CA-dBFast 2.0D1 Talking to progman.exe using DDE

4. About CA-dBFast 2.0D1 (questions)

5. >Using Borland C++ 4.5 with CA-dBFast 2.0d1

6. >How to Create a Browse Window in CA-dBFast 2.0D1

7. About CA-dBFast 2.0D1 support

8. Clipper S'87 memo edits

9. clipper S'87 and CA Tools

10. Testing network prgs in CA-Clipper / CA-dBFast

11. Clipper 87 memo data type problem

12. Clipper Autumn 87 and memos