Wanted - Summer '93!
Author Message
 Wanted - Summer '93!

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Summer '93.  Zac nolonger offers
it.

I've got a HUGE summer '87 system to convert.

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Wanted - Summer '93!
I looked for it too, but Phil Barnett proposed to use his program Click! that
has a feature 87->5. You could download it from the Oasis
It worked very well for me ! Thanks Phil !
HTH

Philippe

Don Drew a crit:

Quote:

--

Philippe Morchain

See also : http://www.stack.nl/~lamping/bgevents.htm
    Lista TodoClipper :  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/1132/
    http://www.chez.com/todoclipper

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Wanted - Summer '93!
Don;

Don't waste your time with Summer '93 -- it turned our 2Mb+ of Summer '87 code
into an {*filter*}ly unreadable collection of spagetti-code that even the
CA-Clipper 5.2 compiler couldn't follow.

As it turns out, about 98% of that original Summer '87 code compiled, linked,
and ran correctly "as-is" with 5.2e/Blinker.  The other 2% were mostly calls to
3rd-party libs -- which we either upgraded or re-coded ourselves.  There were
(suprisingly) very few "syntax" type errors, the most common was RETURN'ing
from within a BEGIN/END SEQUENCE.

Someone else mentioned Phil's Click! (Excellent product, BTW), which will go a
very long way toward "modernizing" your code's syntax.

HTH!
--

MicroData Systems, Ltd.   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:

> Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Summer '93.  Zac nolonger offers
> it.

> I've got a HUGE summer '87 system to convert.

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Wanted - Summer '93!

Quote:
>Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Summer '93.  Zac nolonger offers
>it.

>I've got a HUGE summer '87 system to convert.

Summer '93 was stillborn.

While it attempted to attack a real problem, it never attained the
ability. I beta tested it and found that it did things to code that
left me scratching my head and muttering "Gotta delete this damn thing
off my hard disk. This is scary."

I'm sitting here thumbing through the manual right now.

You can use Click! to do a lot of source modernizing, but it won't
attack your lexical scoping problems. I see this as a plus,
considering the crazy things that a programmer could have done.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.iag.net/~philb/
 Oasis WWW Mirror  http://www.enterconnex.com/oasis/

             Always remember you are unique...
               Just like everyone else!

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Wanted - Summer '93!
Hello Don,

I have a original version of Summer 93 including manual which I dont
need any longer. In fact, I never used this program, it was "hate on the
first look". When you send me your address, I will send you the program
+ manual for free.

Greetings from Germany

Lutz

why!

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. need summer '93

2. Summer '93 utility ?

3. Summer 93 Question

4. Summer 93

5. Summer 93

6. Wanted to Buy: Original Clipper Summer '87

7. Wanted: Clipper Summer '87

8. IEEE Computer Society's Texas State Programming Contest '93

9. Gezocht: VHDL'87/'93 en voorbeelden

10. VHDL'87 to VHDL'93 upgrade

11. VHDL'87 vs VHDL'93

12. Sisal 93 Announcement (San Diego, Oct 93)