Scrambled indexfiles with Comix
Author Message
 Scrambled indexfiles with Comix

Hi,

I have a problem witing an application that adda data to an existing
database using Comix-indexes (Comix 5.2 (3.00.04)).
The problem is that the existing index-files seems to be scrambled so no
other program can change them. If I reindex with my mesion of Comix (5.2
3.00.08) the original application can't read them and when the database is
reidexed with the original application, my app can't read the index.
I've compared the indexfiles and the comumn-names at the end of the files
are different, in the "non-readable file" the names are shifted 1 asciichar
(A becomes B, B becomes C ans so on) So a name like "ABC" becomes "BCD"
when indexed with the original application.

Can anyone tell me how to read these indexfiles and update the without
having to reindex twice. It takes a lot of time to do, in som times up to
20-30 minutes, and my app runs for only 1-5 minutes. This is a serious
waste of time.

Thanks
J?rgen Persson

Tue, 19 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Comix - "v3.00.01 (Comix/5.2)"

2. Indexfiles with localized collation sequences

3. HELP: DBFMDX and 5.2d INDEXfiles

4. MF Cobol 3.2: Problems with corrupted indexfiles

5. MicroFocus: Corrupted Indexfiles

6. Method that returns true if two strings are scrambled versions of eachother

7. C4/C5 Clarion: Entry locator scrambles fast-typed in characters

8. Scrambled List Box after File Update

9. scrambled GIF-pictures

10. scrambled GIF-pictures

11. Scramble