Has someone experience with migrating to Delphi
Author Message
 Has someone experience with migrating to Delphi

Helo out there,

I am not a Clipper programmer (anymore) but working in the field of embedded
software. However, I maintain some old Clipper programs (Authum 87) of a friend.
Recently I got the delphi 2 environment with PCPlus (UK magazine). I intend to
migrate from Clipper to Delphi with the maintained programs. Is there anyone who
has experience. Are there free source files available on the Web for accessing
dbf and .ntx files (I found already the file format descriptions on the web).
Suggestions are welcome.

tnx in advance
Frans van de Pavoordt

Sat, 07 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Has someone experience with migrating to Delphi

Quote:
>Helo out there,

>I am not a Clipper programmer (anymore) but working in the field of
embedded
>software. However, I maintain some old Clipper programs (Authum 87)
of a friend.
>Recently I got the Delphi 2 environment with PCPlus (UK magazine). I
intend to
>migrate from Clipper to Delphi with the maintained programs. Is there
anyone who
>has experience. Are there free source files available on the Web for

accessing

I haven't, but you might check out this website:

http://www.luxent.com/SW_prods.htm

Succesware is a very good db engine, as I can attest from having
worked with it on a Clipper project several years ago.  I'm sure the
Delphi version of it is just as good.  As far as free code goes, I
don't know of any right offhand, but check out the Delphi section at

http://www.filelibrary.com

They have a lot of good code there.

jdm

Sat, 07 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Has someone experience with migrating to Delphi
Frans

Halcyon is one that is shareware http://www.hom.net/~grifsolu
Clipper functions for Delphi is another http://members.aol.com/clipfunc

Also try asking the question in one of the Delphi groups as well.

HTH
--
Steve Quinn
BRUTE Computer Services - Australia

Quote:
>Helo out there,

>I am not a Clipper programmer (anymore) but working in the field of
embedded
>software. However, I maintain some old Clipper programs (Authum 87) of a
friend.
>Recently I got the Delphi 2 environment with PCPlus (UK magazine). I intend
>migrate from Clipper to Delphi with the maintained programs. Is there
anyone who
>has experience. Are there free source files available on the Web for
accessing
>dbf and .ntx files (I found already the file format descriptions on the
web).
>Suggestions are welcome.

>tnx in advance
>Frans van de Pavoordt

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Has someone experience with migrating to Delphi

Quote:
> I am not a Clipper programmer (anymore) but working in the field of
> embedded software. However, I maintain some old Clipper programs
> (Authum 87) of a friend. Recently I got the Delphi 2 environment
> with PCPlus (UK magazine). I intend to migrate from Clipper to Delphi
> with the maintained programs. Is there anyone who has experience.
> Are there free source files available on the Web for accessing
> dbf and .ntx files (I found already the file format descriptions on
> the web).

I successfully migrated few Clipper apps to Windows using Delphi and
I'm overall very satisfied with Delphi as the tool of (my) choice to do
Clipper->Windows migration. However, BDE (Borland's Database Engine)
might not be the best choice for that purpose, so I suggest you should
look for 3rd party database component for DBF/CDX/NTX/.. stuff such
as Apollo (www.luxent.com) or Halycon (www.grifsolu.com). You can also
stick with BDE, but support for DBF indices in Delphi 2 you have is just
partial (no NTX, you need v2.01 for FoxPro/CDX support, etc.) .

--
Jovan Bulajic

Mon, 09 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. migrate array clipper to delphi

2. Migrate to Delphi

3. Migrating to Windows: VO or DELPHI ?

4. Experiences in Migrating IBM COBOL to Language Environment?

5. Experiences in migrating large legacy sys to Client/Server, OO

6. Can someone compare Delphi and Smalltalk?

7. Someone any experience with Silvermark's Test Mentor

8. NEEDED: Someone w/ ST/V Mac Externals experience!

9. a job for someone more experienced than me

10. >Converting Clipper to Delphi (looking 4 xBase Delphi)

11. Not tcl for delphi, but delphi for tcl

12. Experienced COBOL Developer with manufacturing systems experience.