clipper 5.3 + blinker 3.0 + reindexing = ???????
Author Message
 clipper 5.3 + blinker 3.0 + reindexing = ???????

I just bought clipper 5.3. Within 5 minutes the first major problem:
reindexing will not work after linking real mode with the version
of blinker that came along with it.
The computer hangs or enormous index files are created.
this happens
-with the most simple and stripped down code
-with the DBTNTX driver
-in dos6 (with emm386 /noems), in dos-win95, in win95

Am I in for replacement of malfunctioning hardware, should my
config.sys be constructed by a informatics professor, or did CA
not take the trouble of testing such a {*filter*} function as reindexing
with the supplied version of blinker.

In other words: I don't like this; can anyone help?

Sat, 18 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 clipper 5.3 + blinker 3.0 + reindexing = ???????

Quote:

>I just bought clipper 5.3. Within 5 minutes the first major problem:
>reindexing will not work after linking real mode with the version
>of blinker that came along with it.
>The computer hangs or enormous index files are created.
>this happens
>-with the most simple and stripped down code
>-with the DBTNTX driver
>-in dos6 (with emm386 /noems), in dos-win95, in win95
>In other words: I don't like this; can anyone help?

You're not just telling it   REINDEX, are you?

Mon, 20 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 clipper 5.3 + blinker 3.0 + reindexing = ???????
CA came out with a patch for this problem, check their site.

Ed
--
                                  '''
                                 (0 0)

Mon, 20 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 clipper 5.3 + blinker 3.0 + reindexing = ???????

Quote:

>In other words: I don't like this; can anyone help?

I'm not sure if my case is the same as Yours, but
CA have issued a sortof fix to my (Your) problem
named SORTOF.OBJ

Link this with Your files and see.

Best advice I can give You!

Added the OBJ as an attachment.

If You can't download the stuff, get back to me on mail or pick up the
stuff at http://www.cai,com

Best of Luck
                        Harry
HTOO

Mon, 20 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 clipper 5.3 + blinker 3.0 + reindexing = ???????
begin 644 sortof.obj
<uuencoded_portion_removed>
`
end

Mon, 20 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 clipper 5.3 + blinker 3.0 + reindexing = ???????

Quote:

> I'm not sure if my case is the same as Yours, but
> CA have issued a sortof fix to my (Your) problem
> named SORTOF.OBJ

> Added the OBJ as an attachment.

Never, never, never, post binaries to a non binary group. We don't all
want to download stuff like that. Either email it to the person in
question, place it in a binary group or make it available for ftp.

Quote:
> If You can't download the stuff, get back to me on mail or pick up the
> stuff at http://www.cai,com

So, it can be ftp'd yet you still wasted peoples time and money just in
case?

--
Dave Pearson              | Let us not assasinate this lad further, Senator.

Bass Player for the       |   Have you no sense of decency, Sir?
Cheri-Woodpeckers         |    At long last, have you no sense of decency?

Tue, 21 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 clipper 5.3 + blinker 3.0 + reindexing = ???????
Hi Roger,

Quote:

>>I just bought clipper 5.3. Within 5 minutes the first major problem:
>>reindexing will not work after linking real mode with the version
>>of blinker that came along with it.
>>The computer hangs or enormous index files are created.
>>this happens
>>-with the most simple and stripped down code
>>-with the DBTNTX driver
>>-in dos6 (with emm386 /noems), in dos-win95, in win95

>>In other words: I don't like this; can anyone help?

>You're not just telling it   REINDEX, are you?

Have you linked in SORTOF.OBJ to solve the known indexing bug in 5.3. You
can download this from the CA-FTP site or Phil Barnett's OASIS FTP site.

While you are there, you might as well dowmload the zip files relating to
:
a) patches to CA-Tools
b) MDEMO.ZIP - to illustrate mousing & the GUI interface

Good Luck

Chee Chong Hwa
CCH Software Solution Sdn Bhd
Penang
MALAYSIA

Thu, 30 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clipper 5.3, Win95 & Blinker 3.0 SWPRUNCMD

2. clipper 5.3 + blinker 3.0

3. Clipper Tools 3.0 and Clipper 5.3

4. Want to buy Clipper 5.3 and latest Blinker...

5. BLINKER 5.1 + CLIPPER 5.3

6. Clipper 5.3 and Blinker and memory

7. Help debug clipper 5.3 + blinker 4.10

8. Frage: Parameter für CLIPPER 5.3 und BLINKER 5.x

9. Upgrade Blinker version Clipper 5.3

10. Debugging with Windows 95, Blinker 4.0 and Clipper 5.3

11. Clipper 5.3/Blinker 3.2 problems on 2MB PC's