Excel 5
Author Message
 Excel 5

Has anybody got an idea if there exists a function library for creating
Excel 5 Sheets/Workbooks ?
I use Clipper 5.2e and CT III

Thanks,

Tue, 05 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel 5

Quote:

> Has anybody got an idea if there exists a function library for creating
> Excel 5 Sheets/Workbooks ?
> I use Clipper 5.2e and CT III

> Thanks,

MicroSoft sells a file format API book on Excel, but...
I just do a tab - delineated file, and my users simply
import the file with two mouse clicks. Works wonders on CFOs.
If you need more control - formulas etc, try sending it as
a wk3 file (Lotus 1-2-3). If I recall, there was a Clipper
lib that did that. Failing that, use FiveWin and do a DDE link,
feeding Excel the data. I'm sure FiveWin users can give you all kinds
of examples of doing that.

Fri, 08 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel 5

I just thought about creating a SYLK file, which is a plain
ASCII format, similar to the RTF format for Textdocuments.

This SYLK can handle most of plain functions, but up to your needs
it may fail or give non-nice layouts.

SYLK is documented on Microsofts Web Site.

I will add another bad trick, I name the file
.xls instead of .slk

Anyone done this similar ?

Quote:

--
Christopher Blencowe
http://www.webservices.de

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel 5

I recall a LIB called EXPAND. Check on Oasis for it. If you cannot find it
let me know and I'll look though some of my old diskette's. (I do not
remember if it is shareware or not.)

Brian Hughes
Prolink Services

Quote:

> Has anybody got an idea if there exists a function library for creating
> Excel 5 Sheets/Workbooks ?
> I use Clipper 5.2e and CT III

> Thanks,

Sat, 09 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. realbasic to excel/realbasic vers excel

2. how to create an excel workbook using the excel toolkit

3. Excel toolkit --excel save.vi is broken arrow

4. after opening an excel doc with actve X, crashes when calling excel again

5. Using Win32OLE with Excel leaves Excel process hanging

6. Calling DVF dll from Excel: Excel macro problem?

7. Looking for Excel API library (XLCALL.LIB) for Excel 7

8. convert txt excel file without open the excel application

9. I am extracting data from multiple Excel files. Excel macro...

10. automating excel with python ... getting excel to go away

11. APL+Win reading from Excel

12. Excel automation problem