xBase++ vs. CA-VO
Author Message
 xBase++ vs. CA-VO

Sorry if I come back again with my inquiry but database engines do
mostly the same thing. I'm also interested in the aesthetic of a GET
page or a result page. Someone suggest even Access which in my opinion
has an absolutely horrible presentation and is the DataEase of the 32
bit programs.

I would appreciate some screen shot of menu pages and GET pages of
xBase++ and CA-VO send to my (corrected) eMail address.

I'm downloading xBase++ demo but right now there are good prices offered
till the 10 or the 15 of this month for those 2 products. Not enough
time to really saw a final product.

Thank you.
--
Jean-Marie Berthiaume

Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre :

Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 xBase++ vs. CA-VO
Jean-Marie

I could send you some screen shots of one of my apps, but I'm afraid
that looking at screen shots is not the best way to compare products.

First because (at least on VO) you have absolute control over the
appearance of the screens. It will not get in the way when you are
designing a uggly screen ;)

Second because in windows all standard controls' appearance are
determined by windows itself. Again, in VO you can design your own
out-of-this-world controls and use them in your designs.

Thirdly because if you just weight the samples appearance from Xbase
and VO, the latter will certainly win by many points ;)

IMHO despite having developed many clipper apps over the past 12
years, any windows product that claims 100% compatibility with clipper
will have also to be compatible with all the clipper oddyties(?),
mailny:

- letting the user use variables without first declaring them
- No strong typing in variables and function calls
- lack of compile-time checks and subsequent run-time errors
- ...

But the main strenght of Visual Objects is not it's Visual part. It is
the Objects one. It's OO nature takes you literally (once you grasp
it) into a third dimension in programming techniques.

I'm feeling poetic today ;) Better get back to work...

Best regards

Adriano

Quote:
>Sorry if I come back again with my inquiry but database engines do
>mostly the same thing. I'm also interested in the aesthetic of a GET
>page or a result page. Someone suggest even Access which in my opinion
>has an absolutely horrible presentation and is the DataEase of the 32
>bit programs.

>I would appreciate some screen shot of menu pages and GET pages of
>xBase++ and CA-VO send to my (corrected) eMail address.

>I'm downloading xBase++ demo but right now there are good prices offered
>till the 10 or the 15 of this month for those 2 products. Not enough
>time to really saw a final product.

>Thank you.
>--
>Jean-Marie Berthiaume

>Attention. Enlever les # pour me rejoindre :

Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Xbase++ vs VO

2. Distributing VO App with CA-RET and xBASE ODBC

3. ca-vo,xbase,cl-4wi

4. Directory() function in ca vo 1.0c(2) v ca vo 2.0

5. Sample Program s migration from CA-Clipper to Xbase++

6. VO, Xbase++ and Linux

7. Gimme a opinion: XBase++, Clip4Win, FiveWin or VO ?

8. CA Commitment To CA-Clipper And CA-VO - A Quote From clcvo

9. Clipper VS. Alaska XBase++

10. q: xbase++ vs. visual objects

11. xbase ++, Delphi, VO and SQL

12. CA clipper -> CA VO 2.5