Question concerning old report files...?
Author Message
 Question concerning old report files...?

In a recent project that I am undergoing the old programmer used a tool to
design the headers and layouts for reports. The reports generated through
old DBASE code, but compiled using CLIPPER 53, are copied onto these
pre-made header and layout forms. The layout report forms are obviously DOS
made and contain some nice text and designs. Their extension is *.lst. In
what program can these *.lst files be edited in order to add to a header or
change the layout of these reports?

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Question concerning old report files...?

Quote:

> In a recent project that I am undergoing the old programmer used a tool to
> design the headers and layouts for reports. The reports generated through
> old DBASE code, but compiled using CLIPPER 53, are copied onto these
> pre-made header and layout forms. The layout report forms are obviously DOS
> made and contain some nice text and designs. Their extension is *.lst. In
> what program can these *.lst files be edited in order to add to a header or
> change the layout of these reports?

Hello Matt,

Have you tried to open one of them with your code editor? If they are
just ASCII files, you could even use DOS's EDIT <g>.

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
Melbourne Australia

Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question concerning old report files ...?

2. CVF66 question concerning obj and rsp files

3. Ye old HTML as report language question

4. Same Old Question - MORE REPORTS?

5. Old File Information in TXA file

6. Need old file-dbase 1.0 help file?

7. SFT: Concerning closing opened files

8. Question concerning MVP

9. Question of J (Concerning TIE)

10. Question of J (Concerning TIE)

11. Simple question concerning awk command

12. Question: VisualWorks Image Concerns