Need LIB.EXE
Author Message
 Need LIB.EXE

I want to start organizing the common code present at a customer site.
They are very concerned about running only legitimate software, so aer
willing to purchase a tool that includes LIB.EXE and any support programs
(ie: DOXNT.EXE), but it's a waste of money, since they will never use the
tool itself.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can find a copy of
LIB.EXE that I can use without copyright infringement (why didn't CA
include this with Clipper?)...

Fri, 02 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Need LIB.EXE

Larry-

I don't know if you have Funcky or not but it ships with flib which is a
good subistitute.

--Sean

Sat, 03 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Need LIB.EXE

Hi Larry,

Quote:

> I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can find a copy of
> LIB.EXE that I can use without copyright infringement (why didn't CA
> include this with Clipper?)...

I think that LIB.EXE came with DOS 3.3, didn't it?

Richard.

Sat, 03 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Need LIB.EXE

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997 09:05:32 -0800, Larry Hengen

Quote:

>I want to start organizing the common code present at a customer site.
>They are very concerned about running only legitimate software, so aer
>willing to purchase a tool that includes LIB.EXE and any support programs
>(ie: DOXNT.EXE), but it's a waste of money, since they will never use the
>tool itself.

It comes with MASM (Microsoft Macro Assembler)  and some (all?)
versions of Microsoft C.

I'm not sure if it comes with the cheap version of Quick C that only
does Windows executables.

I'd buy the C compiler, since Borland's TASM is a nicer assembler if
you ever need one (like for rebuilding the Nanforum library if you
ever wanted to change anything) . I think Visual C is around $120 US.

Also, if you get the C compiler, and you're using Clipper 5.2x and
earlier, stop by the Clipper forum on Compuserve and pick up
LLIBCA.LIB to replace the version that ships with the current C
compiler. It will allow you to easily link C code with Clipper if you
want to .

Terry

--------------------

Terry Carmen
Meadowbrook Software

Sun, 04 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Need LIB.EXE

Quote:
>I think that LIB.EXE came with DOS 3.3, didn't it?

No.  LIB.EXE only ships with Microsoft compilers.  You may, however, be
able to download it from their FTP site.
--
Philip Ide

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Need LIB.EXE

Quote:
> wondering if anyone could tell me where
> I can find a copy of LIB.EXE

Used to be avail free from the MS BBS.

Peter Brawley [Artful]

Tue, 06 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Need LIB.EXE

If you still need a library creation tool, you may be able to buy an old
copy of something like Borland C++ which comes with TLIB.EXE.  Try Surplus
Direct
1800-753-1773  or www.suplusdirect.com

Sat, 17 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. I need your help, very much, I need clip4win.lib and blinker.exe

2. Please I need Lib.exe for update a personal library...

3. I need your help, very much, I need clipper.lib,extend.lib and dbfntx.lib clipper.exe for clipper5.3e

4. Statically Linking tcl.lib and tk.lib into a standalone .exe file

5. Need Clipon.lib and Super35.lib

6. Need old lib file - expand.lib

7. 32-Bit NMAKE.EXE, LINK.EXE, LIB.EXE, & RC.EXE

8. need cw21lpex.exe or c4lpex.exe

9. Where to find lib.exe (msc8)

10. Where can I find LIB.EXE?

11. lib.exe