How to send email from clipper
Author Message
 How to send email from clipper

How can we create a solid way to send email from within our clipper software
?

Now we create a file and call a command-line mailer, but those handy tools
fail frequently.

Is there a way to (mis)use outlook for this?

Rick

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 04:41:26 GMT
 How to send email from clipper
On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:41:26 +0200, "Laura Hoek"

Quote:

>How can we create a solid way to send email from within our clipper software
>?

>Now we create a file and call a command-line mailer, but those handy tools
>fail frequently.

>Is there a way to (mis)use outlook for this?

>Rick

Rick,

You do not say which "handy tools" you have tried. But I have
rock-stable experience with MailSend and MailGrab from Jim Lawless. I
did have instability with Blat about 1 year ago and this may be fixed
now (but don't know).

I have not tried to use OutLook...on principle. As for misuse...well,
let's leave that topic as an opening for others <g> Is PlugSys
listening? What a silly question!

Regards,

Ross McKenzie
ValuSoft
Melbourne Australia

Jim Lawless                           | MailSend and MailGrab : Send &

http://www.radiks.net/jimbo | programs or compiled EXE's.

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 05:59:52 GMT
 How to send email from clipper
loko for "BLAT"
Quote:

> How can we create a solid way to send email from within our clipper software
> ?

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:45:23 GMT
 How to send email from clipper
We have tried blat and sendmail and clemail. But what works at one station,
doesnt at another station. We have several configurations at our clients
like netware server with w95/w98 and w2k workstations, all with individual
options.

In my opinion a rock-solid email solution would have to work with any pc
that can access our smtp-server (VPOP3)

Does any ?

Quote:
> How can we create a solid way to send email from within our clipper
software
> ?

> Now we create a file and call a command-line mailer, but those handy tools
> fail frequently.

> Is there a way to (mis)use outlook for this?

> Rick

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:18:08 GMT
 How to send email from clipper

Quote:
> We have tried blat and sendmail and clemail. But what works at one
> station, doesnt at another station. We have several configurations at our
> clients like netware server with w95/w98 and w2k workstations, all with
> individual options.

Perhaps people might be able to help you more if you explained how each of
these tools fail and in which environments? Perhaps you could help the
authors and users of these tools by reporting your difficulties and findings
to the authors? That way everyone wins.

--
Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release functions.
http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:18:46 GMT
 How to send email from clipper
blat relies on mapi. is it configured on all workstations?
win95 will give you more headaches.
Quote:

> We have tried blat and sendmail and clemail. But what works at one station,
> doesnt at another station. We have several configurations at our clients
> like netware server with w95/w98 and w2k workstations, all with individual
> options.

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:26:48 GMT
 How to send email from clipper

Quote:
>blat relies on mapi. is it configured on all workstations?
>win95 will give you more headaches.

How do you work that out?  Blat's README file states it relies on
seeing an SMPT server, a valid IP stack & WINSOCK.DLL - there's no
mention of MAPI anywhere.

Quote:

--
Nick Ramsay
WitzEnd Computer Services UK

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 19:10:07 GMT
 How to send email from clipper
Dave, maybe I reached the wrong people, or used the wrong software, but I
tried several.

I know that Blat has an active usergroup though...

Is it wrong to ask about the experience of other people in this case?

Rick

Quote:

> > We have tried blat and sendmail and clemail. But what works at one
> > station, doesnt at another station. We have several configurations at
our
> > clients like netware server with w95/w98 and w2k workstations, all with
> > individual options.

> Perhaps people might be able to help you more if you explained how each of
> these tools fail and in which environments? Perhaps you could help the
> authors and users of these tools by reporting your difficulties and
findings
> to the authors? That way everyone wins.

> --
> Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release
functions.
> http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for
Linux.
> http://www.davep.org/clipper/       |    weg - Norton Guide reader for
Windows.
> http://www.davep.org/norton-guides/ | dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:35:54 GMT
 How to send email from clipper
Thanks ToYlet, maybe thats the reason why we had no success of every
computer...

Rick

Quote:
> blat relies on mapi. is it configured on all workstations?
> win95 will give you more headaches.

> > We have tried blat and sendmail and clemail. But what works at one
station,
> > doesnt at another station. We have several configurations at our clients
> > like netware server with w95/w98 and w2k workstations, all with
individual
> > options.

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:37:50 GMT
 How to send email from clipper
[Quotes rearranged to have a more logical flow]

Quote:
> Rick

> > Perhaps people might be able to help you more if you explained how each
> > of these tools fail and in which environments? Perhaps you could help
> > the authors and users of these tools by reporting your difficulties and
> > findings to the authors? That way everyone wins.

> Dave, maybe I reached the wrong people, or used the wrong software, but I
> tried several.

I know, you said as much. I'm suggesting that you be more verbose in
reporting your findings so that other people might offer better directed
help.

Quote:
> Is it wrong to ask about the experience of other people in this case?

Is there something in my suggestion that you be more verbose in asking such
a question that suggests it would be wrong?

--
Dave Pearson                        |  OSLib - Timeslice release functions.
http://www.davep.org/               |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.
http://www.davep.org/clipper/       |    weg - Norton Guide reader for Windows.
http://www.davep.org/norton-guides/ | dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:25:37 GMT
 How to send email from clipper
  Why dont you try SMTPSEND from http://www.dataenter.co.at,

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 07:43:09 GMT
 How to send email from clipper

Quote:

> How can we create a solid way to send email from
> within our clipper software

Greetings!

As Ross mentioned, you might try MailSend.  The trial
version is available at:

        http://www.radiks.net/~jimbo/share.html
or
        http://www.mailsend-online.com

If you're having any kind of problems with MailSend, I'd
like to know so that I can fix whatever might be wrong.
I have a number of customers currently using it in a
variety of environments ( including schedulers that
run as NT services. )

MailSend uses SMTP, not MAPI.

Jim Lawless                  | MailSend - Cmd line e-mail sender

http://www.radiks.net/~jimbo | BPL - Batch Prog. Language

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 09:35:12 GMT
 How to send email from clipper
my fault.. mixed up. sorry.
Quote:
> How do you work that out?  Blat's README file states it relies on
> seeing an SMPT server, a valid IP stack & WINSOCK.DLL - there's no
> mention of MAPI anywhere.

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 11:08:27 GMT

1. to send email with clipper

2. Clipper 5.2D and sending emails

3. Clipper Function or Procedure to send and Email

4. Want to send email from my Clipper program

5. emails sent I didn't send not klez

6. Clipper Summer 87 Clipper lib-4am -could you send

7. Sending email from Dolphin ?

8. Send 1 Milllion Emails an Hour

9. Send 1 Milllion Emails an Hour

10. Sending emails...