DBF FILE HEADER CORRUPTION
Author Message
 DBF FILE HEADER CORRUPTION

Dear All,

I have been experiencing File Header Corruption quite frequently. What
could be the actual cause?

Regards

BENNY

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBF FILE HEADER CORRUPTION
On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 01:59:46 +0800, BENNY YAP KOK MENG

Quote:

>Dear All,

>I have been experiencing File Header Corruption quite frequently. What
>could be the actual cause?

(Maybe) Someone is accessing your tables with a product like lotus or
excel, or any of a number of products that can read .DBF data.

When they write data, the 'other' product writes it's style of header.

--

        Oasis WWW  http://www.the-oasis.net
         FTP Site  ftp://ftp.iag.net/pub/clipper

      Reality is the leading cause of stress
       among those who are in touch with it.

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBF FILE HEADER CORRUPTION
I had same problems with AMD 5x86 CPU and Clipper 5.2
When my customer change CPU (to Intel) problems gone

Regards

Quote:
> Dear All,

> I have been experiencing File Header Corruption quite frequently. What
> could be the actual cause?

> Regards

> BENNY

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DBF FILE HEADER CORRUPTION

Quote:
> >I have been experiencing File Header Corruption quite frequently. What
> >could be the actual cause?

> (Maybe) Someone is accessing your tables with a product like lotus or
> excel, or any of a number of products that can read .DBF data.

> When they write data, the 'other' product writes it's style of header.

CDBF may correct header of DBF-files:

cdbf /a+ *.dbf

http://www.whitetown.com/cdbf/

--
Sincerely yours,
Sergey.

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP ! Clipper DBF file header Corruption

2. DBF File - Corruption detected

3. filename corruption while opening dbf file

4. Cross Linked Files & DBF/Index Corruption

5. DBF file corruption?

6. DBF File Header: YY byte

7. DBU DBF FILE nad FOXPRO 2.6A dbf file

8. External Header file xlib.h includes internal header file tkIntXlibDecls.h

9. Discovering corruption dbf's/ntx's

10. Novel 5 and dbf corruption

11. index (IDX) header corruption

12. Corruption Detected ... DBF/NTX 1012 or DBFNTX /1210