DBT/Memo field problems
Author Message
 DBT/Memo field problems

I have a large (125,000 records) database in which I've determined the
associated DBT file is corrupted.  I can save some of the data and deep
six the rest, but I'm trying to determine if there is an underlying
cause.  I seem to remember that dbt files can only grow so large (this
makes sense since the pointer is a limited numeric)  I know this is
true because I had to deal with this problem many years ago by
splitting a single database over several DBF files to avoid the limit.
My question is: does anyone remember what this limit is?  Thanks.

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DBT/Memo field problems
Stacy

32 MegaBytes is the upper limit for .DBTs.

DSalvage Pro is a tool for restoring the memo files.

HTH
--
Steve Quinn
BRUTE Computer Services - Australia

Quote:
>I have a large (125,000 records) database in which I've determined the
>associated DBT file is corrupted.  I can save some of the data and deep
>six the rest, but I'm trying to determine if there is an underlying
>cause.  I seem to remember that dbt files can only grow so large (this
>makes sense since the pointer is a limited numeric)  I know this is
>true because I had to deal with this problem many years ago by
>splitting a single database over several DBF files to avoid the limit.
>My question is: does anyone remember what this limit is?  Thanks.

Wed, 30 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DBT/Memo field problems
Thanks.  That's not the problem this time, but I'll make a note of it.

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DBT/Memo field problems
The DBT limit is 16mb for Clipper'87 apps, or 32mb for Clipper5 apps.

Quote:
>Thanks.  That's not the problem this time, but I'll make a note of it.

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems with a DBT file (MEMO, fields)

2. memo fields - dbt file

3. Memo/DBT problems

4. DBT memo problem

5. Problem with hot field display of a memo field

6. DBT memo corruption?

7. DBT memo corruption?

8. Memo structure (DBT)

9. Compacting DBT memo

10. Clipper 5.2e And Delphi 5.0 using .DBT memo files

11. Memo DBT ??

12. .dbt memo files