sup3552.lib & classy.lib
Author Message
 sup3552.lib & classy.lib

Just wondering where one may purchase these libraries so that our
company is in legal compliance, etc.

This is not a veiled posting hoping to receive a rip-off copy.

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 sup3552.lib & classy.lib

Quote:

> >Just wondering where one may purchase these libraries so that our company
> >is in legal compliance, etc.

> >This is not a veiled posting hoping to receive a rip-off copy.

> They are now public domain. You can download from the Oasis.

Class(y) isn't in the public domain. The last time I looked Class(y) was
still under copyright.

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 sup3552.lib & classy.lib

Quote:

>Just wondering where one may purchase these libraries so that our
>company is in legal compliance, etc.

>This is not a veiled posting hoping to receive a rip-off copy.

>Thanks.

They are now public domain. You can download from the Oasis.

--
Andi Jahja <andij at aonlippo dot co dot id>

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 05:38:56 GMT
 sup3552.lib & classy.lib

Quote:

>> >Just wondering where one may purchase these libraries so that our company
>> >is in legal compliance, etc.

>> >This is not a veiled posting hoping to receive a rip-off copy.

>> They are now public domain. You can download from the Oasis.

>Class(y) isn't in the public domain. The last time I looked Class(y) was
>still under copyright.

What I am trying to express that they are freeware, no need to pay
license or fee whatsoever. How public domain software differs from a
free software ? Speaking about copyright, IMHO everything one writes
will automatically have copyright attached to it, right ? This post is
also my copyright, is it not ?

--
Andi Jahja <andij at aonlippo dot co dot id>

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:17:09 GMT
 sup3552.lib & classy.lib

Quote:

> >Class(y) isn't in the public domain. The last time I looked Class(y) was
> >still under copyright.

> What I am trying to express that they are freeware, no need to pay license
> or fee whatsoever.

Then you should say that they have been released free of cost. For example,
it *would* make sense to say that they are freeware or free-of-cost
software. It doesn't make sense to say that they are public domain (at least
not for Class(y), I can't speak for the other library mentioned because I've
never looked at it).

Quote:
>                    How public domain software differs from a free software
> ?

When you say that software has been placed in the public domain it generally
means that the copyright holder has given up all claim to it and handed it
over to the general public. In other words the software no longer has any
copyright attached. I seem to recall that there are a couple of countries
that don't fully recognise this (something about Germany and not allowing
people to relinquish responsibility for a work springs to mind but I could
be miss-remembering this) but that isn't really so important.

See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html#PublicDomainSoftware>
for a better description of what "public domain" is. In fact, you might find
the whole of <URL:http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html> useful
reading.

Quote:
>   Speaking about copyright, IMHO everything one writes will automatically
> have copyright attached to it, right ? This post is also my copyright, is
> it not ?

I believe this to be true.

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |    weg - Norton Guide reader for Windows.
Free software, including........| dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 sup3552.lib & classy.lib

Both libraries are absolutely free on ftp.the-oasis.net, I just
downloaded sup3552.lib including source code.

Quote:
>Just wondering where one may purchase these libraries so that our
>company is in legal compliance, etc.

>This is not a veiled posting hoping to receive a rip-off copy.

>Thanks.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 sup3552.lib & classy.lib
Dave,

This discussion is worth to be added in Clipper FAQ, IMHO.
Thanks for so crystal clear explanation.

Quote:

--
Andi Jahja <andij at aonlippo dot co dot id>

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 sup3552.lib & classy.lib

Quote:

> This discussion is worth to be added in Clipper FAQ, IMHO.

I can't say that I've noticed that it is a Clipper related FAQ.

--
Take a look in Hagbard's World: |   w3ng - The WWW Norton Guide reader.
http://www.hagbard.demon.co.uk/ |     eg - Norton Guide reader for Linux.
http://www.acemake.com/hagbard/ |    weg - Norton Guide reader for Windows.
Free software, including........| dgscan - DGROUP scanner for Clipper.

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 sup3552.lib & classy.lib

Quote:

> :: This discussion is worth to be added in Clipper FAQ, IMHO.
> :: can't say that I've noticed that it is a Clipper related FAQ.

> I think there is, since there are tons of items in The-Oasis. Nobody can
> tell which is public domain and which is freeware.

It isn't the business of the Clipper FAQ to teach people about copyright
issues. I'd also question your assertion that "nobody can tell which is
public domain and which is freeware" on The Oasis. Do you know for a fact
that nobody knows? Are they incapable of reading the contents of the files
they download?

It isn't the place of the Clipper FAQ to teach copyright issues, this isn't
a Clipper FAQ.

Quote:
> BTW, why can't I now browse your Harbour FAQ page by directory.

Because I've now finally put up my harbour page.

Quote:
>                                                                 I always
> download the ZIP when you updates it, and I know you just did. I hate
> going through html links ;-(. Would you please provide a direct link to
> the zip file please ?

See <URL:http://www.harbour-project.org/faq/harbour-8.html#ss8.2>, that
tells you the direct link. It always has. You can also download the zip file
from SourceForge, the location is documented at the above URL.

--
The Harbour Project: A free software Clipper compatible compiler
Home Page..........: http://www.harbour-project.org/

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 sup3552.lib & classy.lib

:: This discussion is worth to be added in Clipper FAQ, IMHO.
:: can't say that I've noticed that it is a Clipper related FAQ.

I think there is, since there are tons of items in The-Oasis. Nobody
can tell which is public domain and which is freeware.

BTW, why can't I now browse your Harbour FAQ page by directory.
I always download the ZIP when you updates it, and I know you just
did. I hate going through html links ;-(. Would you please provide a
direct link to the zip file please ?
--
Andi Jahja <andij at aonlippo dot co dot id>

Wed, 12 Feb 2003 02:35:54 GMT

1. S87 - Libraries (NL187.LIB & NLEXT87.LIB)

2. Linking sqldedev.lib, desktopenginedeploy.lib to my app: unsupported recordtype 21

3. funcky.lib - overcl.lib

4. Need Clipon.lib and Super35.lib

5. Need old lib file - expand.lib

6. I'm looking for two libraries: mlibca.lib, ct.lib

7. PCFUNC.LIB AND PCKERNEL.LIB

8. BLXRATEX.LIB and BLXCLP53.LIB for BLINKER V4.1

9. SCC again (Instr.lib / User.lib)

10. NANFOR.LIB/NETTO.LIB and Clipper 5.3

11. Editing LIB Files to Change Functions Within LIB Files

12. masm32\lib\kernel32.lib